The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography grade boundaries?

I'm in year 10 so this year I sat the first Geography exam which was marked out of 90 marks! There was one question asking about rural to urban migration! I took this as the north south divide in Ghana and wrote why people leave northern ghana! They wanted two examples and I gave one! It was a six mark question so would I at least get three marks? Also any predictions on the A* grade boundaries?

Also, I didn't find the exam too hard , however my teacher have said that this years exam was a lot harder than previous so would the grade boundaries drop? Last year an A* was 77/90 which is 85%
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lewishowell
I'm in year 10 so this year I sat the first Geography exam which was marked out of 90 marks! There was one question asking about rural to urban migration! I took this as the north south divide in Ghana and wrote why people leave northern ghana! They wanted two examples and I gave one! It was a six mark question so would I at least get three marks? Also any predictions on the A* grade boundaries?

Also, I didn't find the exam too hard , however my teacher have said that this years exam was a lot harder than previous so would the grade boundaries drop? Last year an A* was 77/90 which is 85%

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Geography forum for you as you should get more responses there.:smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=83
Grade boundaries could well drop due to the fact that the exam had those new six markers which many people may have struggled to have done well in...I'm also in year ten and many class mates came out and were really upset about how hard it was but some people found it fine however the majority in MY year found it difficult...so it really depends on the majority i suppose...i guess we'll just have to wait and see :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending