The Student Room Group

I'm Malaysian. What do you guys think about us generally?

Scroll to see replies

As your nearest neighbour...

not too sure
Reply 3
I think nothing. Ab

solute

ly nothing. :smile:

I know virtually nothing about your people. :cute:
Reply 4
LORD HAVE MERCY JESUS.

I googled Malaysian people as I have no idea and she came up.
Beautiful country:daydreaming: Very friendly & diverse people.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Best take a boat to malaysia than fly.
Original post by ApeMob
LORD HAVE MERCY JESUS.

she isn't malaysian, she looks more like an islander, Solomon or otherwise,maybe even African. But ethnically at least she isn't Malaysian.
Reply 8
Original post by bestofyou
she isn't malaysian, she looks more like an islander, Solomon or otherwise,maybe even African. But ethnically at least she isn't Malaysian.

LMAO EXCUSE ME? Do you know Negrito? I know Negritos are all over Asia and the Islands but that includes Malaysia.

AHEM AHEM:

Malaysia
The Semang are a Negrito ethnic group of the Malay Peninsula. Lowland Semang tribes are also known as Sakai, although this term is considered to be derogatory by the Semang people. They are the indigenous peoples of this area.They have been recorded to have lived in Malaysia since before the 200s Common Era (CE). They are ethnologically described as nomadic hunter-gatherers.
The Semang live in autonomous local bands consisting of an elder male (usually the leader of the group), his wife, their sons, and the sons’ wives and children. Their religious beliefs are complex and include numerous deities. Shaman-priests practice magic, foresee the future, and cure illness.

Semang (Jahai) ethnic group woman of Malaysia

Reply 9
Original post by godd
Best take a boat to malaysia than fly.

-,-
Reply 10
If black people were the first of the world

then expect there to be black people everywhere :smile:
Original post by ApeMob
If black people were the first of the world

then expect there to be black people everywhere :smile:

Still wouldn't consider them as Malaysian though, and I'd wonder how many of the Semang consider themselves as Malaysian also.
Reply 12
^^^ :rolleyes: They're native people of Malaysia and he refuses lol
Original post by ApeMob
^^^ :rolleyes: They're native people of Malaysia and he refuses lol

Just because they are native to a sovereign state means nothing. I'm from the UK, I was born in the UK and lived in the UK my whole life, but I am not British, and it actually insults me when people say I am British.

A quick google image tells you that the Semang are certainly not the typical people that anyone thinks of when the think of Malaysia, immediately rendering your photo in this thread useless, since the OP is clearly after stereotypes etc. Not once when you type in malaysian(people) into bing or google images does that photo come up. So I suspect you've googled native tribes and used that, then when someone says they they don't look Malaysian you pretend to come off as superior and clever with your extensive knowledge of the native people. Quite sad really, its an online forum woman dear.
Reply 14
Original post by bestofyou
Just because they are native to a sovereign state means nothing. I'm from the UK, I was born in the UK and lived in the UK my whole life, but I am not British, and it actually insults me when people say I am British.

A quick google image tells you that the Semang are certainly not the typical people that anyone thinks of when the think of Malaysia, immediately rendering your photo in this thread useless, since the OP is clearly after stereotypes etc. Not once when you type in malaysian(people) into bing or google images does that photo come up. So I suspect you've googled native tribes and used that, then when someone says they they don't look Malaysian you pretend to come off as superior and clever with your extensive knowledge of the native people. Quite sad really, its an online forum woman dear.

Don't tell me what I did. I don't care about Malaysia enough to do that. Are you some butthurt Oriental or Asian who feels embarrassed by the photo? :rolleyes: I literally typed Malaysian People and there is

ok let me print screen what I saw...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15

THEN

finally

These are natives of Malaysia before Oriental conquest and migration. And as you see they are very Oriental in features, certainly not the common African Negroid. They are native Asians of Malaysia. Get

over

it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
I don't think of them. They're just regular people who reside in an Asian country.
Reply 17
Never typed in anything specific :rolleyes: can't see your ignorant posts, bye now.

To OP:

Are you also that type of Malaysian or Asian who wants to deny that there are black people in the most stereotypically Oriental country? :smile::colonhash:
Original post by ApeMob
LORD HAVE MERCY JESUS.

Why do you say "LORD HAVE MERCY JESUS"?? Is it because she's ugly? Or is it because of her skin colour? You passive aggressive racists are getting old to be honest.

On topic: I've been to Malaysia and i was treated with kindness and respect over there from every single Malaysian. And unlike some people, i appreciate the inner beauty rather than the fading outer appearance.
Reply 19
sigh. Must reply to another.

I am not racist, I'm black enough and when have I been passive aggressive much less racist? :rolleyes: I cuss anyone out for being ignorant about race in the first place :closedeyes:

I can't even directly respond to you because like who are you. Have you been spying on me because I don't remember ever talking to you :curious: lol

Quick Reply

Latest