Applying to penultimate year internships, as final year student doing Masters

Watch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Pretty much as in the thread title, I'm going to be applying to summer internships for summer 2015 although I graduate in 2015, but I am planning to do a Masters. How would I convey this on my application without being auto-filtered out? Also, how would things work out if I say planned to do a Masters but then got rejected for all programmes I applied for. Cheers in advance.
uxa595
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A lot of banks allow final years to apply. For those who don't, just mention it somewhere and/or call HR.

I plan to apply to internships in my final year and I'm unsure if I want to do a masters....it's by no means an auto-rejection.
trainwreckhelp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have no intention of doing a Masters, I graduate in 2015, but I want to apply for summer interships, can I just say I'm doing a Masters and then 'have a change of mind'? Does anyone know if/ which banks ask for proof of masters for summer internships? Or who gives offers contingent on Masters confirmation?

Basically can I get away with lying. Anyone done this before?
Taliakatiex
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Can you please let me know if you went through with this and whether it worked?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (53)
13.8%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.28%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (144)
37.5%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (42)
10.94%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (73)
19.01%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.47%

Watched Threads