The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official Ask Aston Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by raghib12
just wanted to ask, i put down my 3 choices for accommodation, but accidentally put them in the wrong order, is there anyway i can change that?

Yes you can u have to press the "make a new application" button :-)
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by mimi007

Thank you for beating me to it. :smile:

If you have any further problems just shoot an email to [email protected] they're normally pretty good and will get things sorted in a few days.
Original post by mimi007
thanks for helping but i tried to do that but it says that i cannot make one until i cancel my existing one, and i don't know how to cancel my existing one, thanks again though
Hey guys, ive finushed applying for student finance and my payment schedule is on my account however i have realised that the maintainance loan of £3731 doesnt cover the cost of the accommodation let alone other living expenses. Is this the case with everyone or just me. Also i dont know how much grant i shall receive as i had to send that section off a little while after the main part so im not sure if the grant will cover the remaining cost of the accommodation
Original post by Raj_B961
Hey guys, ive finushed applying for student finance and my payment schedule is on my account however i have realised that the maintainance loan of £3731 doesnt cover the cost of the accommodation let alone other living expenses. Is this the case with everyone or just me. Also i dont know how much grant i shall receive as i had to send that section off a little while after the main part so im not sure if the grant will cover the remaining cost of the accommodation

Many students do indeed not gain enough support from student finance to cover their accommodation, i would check on your application to see if you have indeed applied for all the funding you can receive. Additionally the grant you have applied for should help towards your accommodation fees. Grants can sometimes be thousands of pounds, so i would check the exact figure on that.

I would also consider looking to see if you are eligible for one of our scholarships. Many students also take up part time work when they arrive, the jobshop in the student union should be able to help you find something. :smile:

Josh
Original post by Aston University
Many students do indeed not gain enough support from student finance to cover their accommodation, i would check on your application to see if you have indeed applied for all the funding you can receive. Additionally the grant you have applied for should help towards your accommodation fees. Grants can sometimes be thousands of pounds, so i would check the exact figure on that.

I would also consider looking to see if you are eligible for one of our scholarships. Many students also take up part time work when they arrive, the jobshop in the student union should be able to help you find something. :smile:

Josh

ohh thanks for that. Im sure my grant will cover the remaining costs but i have not got the breakdown of it yet as i sent that section of a little latter then the rest of my application
can someone please tell me how to withdraw my application so that i can make a new one, thank you
Original post by raghib12
can someone please tell me how to withdraw my application so that i can make a new one, thank you

Please send an email to [email protected] explaining your situation, they should be able to cancel your application and allow you to resubmit.
Reply 208
Hello, can someone tell me if accountancy for management is a highly popular course in Aston? I've applied for that course but have a feeling i'm going to miss it by one grade but even if i do, my three grades still meet the 340 required ucas points, are the accounts admissions flexible?
Also has that course ever been in clearing? Thanks
Original post by Gindy
Hello, can someone tell me if accountancy for management is a highly popular course in Aston? I've applied for that course but have a feeling i'm going to miss it by one grade but even if i do, my three grades still meet the 340 required ucas points, are the accounts admissions flexible?
Also has that course ever been in clearing? Thanks

Accountancy and Management falls under our business school so it will be reasonably popular, however when it comes to being offered a place there are too many variables in place to give a clear answer: Number of applicants, members of staff teaching modules related to that course, course funding, facilities and timetabling issues and so on.

Unfortunately all bets are off unless you've been handed an unconditional offer, but don't worry too much and good luck with those exams. :smile:

Josh
Reply 210
Original post by Aston University
Accountancy and Management falls under our business school so it will be reasonably popular, however when it comes to being offered a place there are too many variables in place to give a clear answer: Number of applicants, members of staff teaching modules related to that course, course funding, facilities and timetabling issues and so on.

Unfortunately all bets are off unless you've been handed an unconditional offer, but don't worry too much and good luck with those exams. :smile:

Josh

Okay Thanks for the reply! But has the course been in clearing in previous years before like last year? If so did Aston drop grade requirements for it?
Reply 211
Scared im going to miss my entry for construction project management by a grade am i unlikely to get in or do i still have a chance. I made aston my firm choicr
Reply 212
I have an offer for pharmacology msc but the program derails states that program is not accredited by any professional body ! What does that mean ?
Original post by Wajdk
I have an offer for pharmacology msc but the program derails states that program is not accredited by any professional body ! What does that mean ?

It means our course doesn't grant you entry to the British Pharamacological Society, most likely due to the fact that it is a single year masters course and that all the requirements for accreditation can't be met over the course of a one year course opposed to a three year course. However don't fret our MSc course will still be recognized as a valid qualification and will be a worthwhile venture.
does anyone know how we can apply for the scholarships
does anyone know how we can apply for the scholarships

Hi there,

You should be able to find everything you need to know about our scholarships here.

Josh
Reply 216
Hey, just wanted to ask how popular is the Biological Chemistry course at Aston?
how popular is business management and public policy
Original post by Sevyn_
Hey, just wanted to ask how popular is the Biological Chemistry course at Aston?

Hi there,

It's very rare for our Biological Chemistry course to be oversubscribed and usually will go into clearing, this is subject to change every single year though depending on a number of variables, but competition won't be as high as a place for something like Optometry.

Josh
how popular is business management and public policy

Hi there,

All of our Business courses are popular, but not to the point of over subscription, the public policy element of this course will mean there is less competition and it may go into clearing depending on a number of variables. Good luck.

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest