The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official Ask Aston Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K.T
I applied for optometry at Aston. They rejected me through email but have not updated on my UCAS. I tried to call them but the line is busy. I need them to reject me on ucas officially so that I can go into clearing and apply for another university which gave me a verbal offering through clearing. Please help!!

Hi,

Sorry to hear that, best course of action is to call our clearing hotline on 0121 204 4444, they should be able to either release you or confirm the rejection.

Good luck

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 761
Original post by Aston University
Hey guys and gals, the purpose of this thread is obviously if you wish to ask the university any questions in particular, I myself have just graduated with my combined honours degree in Psychology and Sociology and have been employed by the university itself to work in the social media department. Thus I should be able to give you insight on a number of things such as courses, accommodation, student life, night-life, societies and any general pointers for those of you whom are about to become Aston students for the next four years.

FYI - If you have questions about accommodation you should forward an email to [email protected]

Don't be shy. :smile:
Josh

Hi I've been trying to call the main clearing hotline for about 5 hours now I can't get through at all or through the department I want to contact could you help me with this please
Original post by Axx123
Hi I've been trying to call the main clearing hotline for about 5 hours now I can't get through at all or through the department I want to contact could you help me with this please

Hi really sorry to hear that you're having difficulty in this stressful time.

We have a secondary phone number at 0121 333 4004 for those struggling to get through, alternatively please use our web form here: http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/apply-now/
Reply 763
Original post by Aston University
Hi really sorry to hear that you're having difficulty in this stressful time.

We have a secondary phone number at 0121 333 4004 for those struggling to get through, alternatively please use our web form here: http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/apply-now/

I've called the second clearing number and it was busy so I filled out the online application, how long will it take to hear back?
Original post by Axx123
I've called the second clearing number and it was busy so I filled out the online application, how long will it take to hear back?

Hi,

We are trying to process these as fast as possible, hopefully you will hear from us at some point today. We are as eager as you are when it comes to securing offers.

Sit tight.

Josh :smile:
Anyone in William Murdoch A1 floor 2 flat 13??
Reply 766
Has anyone who applied through clearing got accommodation?
where do i find who my roommates are on Facebook? can't seem to find the page
Original post by Jophilip123

Yeah same :frown::frown:
Reply 769
Do you have the link to the facebook page for Aston Freshers 2016-2017. There seems to be quite a few and don't know which one to pick!
Reply 770
Got a few more q's. where can I find my 'enrolment number' as I need it for applying for my 18+ oyster card? Also, when does term officially start at Aston, do we have a reading week and when are the start and end dates for a 4 year course starting in september (biomed sciences)? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Jophilip123

Hi,

You can find our official freshers group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/astonfreshers2016/

Happy flatmate hunting. :wink:

Josh
Original post by T30
Got a few more q's. where can I find my 'enrolment number' as I need it for applying for my 18+ oyster card? Also, when does term officially start at Aston, do we have a reading week and when are the start and end dates for a 4 year course starting in september (biomed sciences)? Thanks :smile:

Sure thing:

Enrolment number: This will be emailed to you within 48 hours of accepting your place.

Term start: September 21st.

Reading Week: This will depend on your course, you will receive your TP 1 timetable during Freshers' week.

Start and End Dates: 21/09/16 - 13/06/20

Finally, congrats on your place. :smile:
Reply 773
Hi,
when does freshers/move in actually start?Also, is Wifi cost inclusive in the room cost or do we have to pay extra for it?
thank you for the help
Original post by f_p38
Hi,
when does freshers/move in actually start?Also, is Wifi cost inclusive in the room cost or do we have to pay extra for it?
thank you for the help

Hi,

Freshers' and Moving in Start on Saturday 17th you can find more details here: http://www.aston.ac.uk/new-student/welcome-2016/

Wifi is inclusive in the price of ASV accommodation. :smile:

Josh
Hi Josh,

I am considering an attempt to switch my course from International Business and Management, to International Business and Economics. How would I go about doing this? Would it be possible? Should I wait for clearing to end etc? Are there any disadvantages to doing so, which I'm overseeing?

Many thanks as always,

Lenny
Anyone staying at James Watt B2 floor 8?
Original post by Lenners
Hi Josh,

I am considering an attempt to switch my course from International Business and Management, to International Business and Economics. How would I go about doing this? Would it be possible? Should I wait for clearing to end etc? Are there any disadvantages to doing so, which I'm overseeing?

Many thanks as always,

Lenny

Hi,

You may be able to do this by contacting the admissions team of your school of study directly, providing you meet the entry requirements for IB and Economics.

Additionally all of our business courses have a common first year, thus you should be able to transition a little easier than in the other schools of study.

Josh
Reply 778
Hi, I would like to know if the lakeside accommodation has elevators to move between floors or is it just stairs and also, if I'm unhappy with the accommodation offer I've been given, am I allowed to ask for a change or do I have to reapply for accommodation?
Original post by prutt10
Hi, I would like to know if the lakeside accommodation has elevators to move between floors or is it just stairs and also, if I'm unhappy with the accommodation offer I've been given, am I allowed to ask for a change or do I have to reapply for accommodation?

Hi,

Lakeside does indeed have "elevators" we call them lifts here though. :wink:

If you're unhappy with your accommodation you will be required to find a replacement for your tenancy agreement and will most likely have to look at finding private off campus accommodation.

Usually 100% of our on campus accommodation is allocated due to high demand, thus it's normally rather difficult to author a switch during term time.*

Josh*

Quick Reply

Latest