Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by libbyab)
Hi, does anyone know what the minimum threshold for an invite to interview for medicine at Aston is?
Hi there,
you can find the academic requirements for the Medicine MBChB course at Aston on the website in the entry requirements section. It is very detailed and comprehensive. Please find the link below
https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine-mbchb

*Ethel
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
I have an ordinary degree from UK uni and unfortunately due to the COVID confusion, I was unable to apply timely to my uni to reappear the last year and make my qualification into Hons degree.

Now I am looking at applications for Masters at Aston, is an Hons degree required. Is there a way to top-up my degree or do a pre-masters that will get me towards the path to Aston? There are many organisations (like Kaplan Pathways) who are charging a big amount but I found that they don't support Aston for UK graduates.

I want to invest my time and money that will lead me closer to the goal. Or should I drop the idea of doing the Masters and focus on getting a job? Thanks
Aston University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have an ordinary degree from UK uni and unfortunately due to the COVID confusion, I was unable to apply timely to my uni to reappear the last year and make my qualification into Hons degree.

Now I am looking at applications for Masters at Aston, is an Hons degree required. Is there a way to top-up my degree or do a pre-masters that will get me towards the path to Aston? There are many organisations (like Kaplan Pathways) who are charging a big amount but I found that they don't support Aston for UK graduates.

I want to invest my time and money that will lead me closer to the goal. Or should I drop the idea of doing the Masters and focus on getting a job? Thanks
Hi there,

Unfortunately I don’t know the ins and outs about postgraduate admissions and would love to be able to give you some more information!

However, I have the contact email of the admissions team which I have dropped below who can help you more with your enquiry!

[email protected]

I hope this helps!

- Poppy
pamoche
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi I was wondering what the general feel of each accommodation is from a students perspective. Which is known for socials? the rooms? popular picks? Ones to avoid if I'm looking for a social scene! Thanks
Aston University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi there!

In first year most people like in various campus buildings which are all situated next to eachother such as Mary Sturge, William Murdoch and James Watt.

The general fee for Aston on campus (unite) accommodation is £146pw which is fairly average for Birmingham and I believe slightly less if you opt for a 7 bed flat with a smaller bed!

Each accommodation has a similar common room and facilities but I found in my first year James Watt was the most lively (as I believe it is the biggest).

I would definitely recommend living on campus in your first year to meet more people - a good way to get to know others in and around your accommodation is to join the Facebook group for your block or for your yesr of freshers - this is where I got to know a lot of people!

I hope this helps!

- Poppy
pamoche
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Aston University)
Hi there!

In first year most people like in various campus buildings which are all situated next to eachother such as Mary Sturge, William Murdoch and James Watt.

The general fee for Aston on campus (unite) accommodation is £146pw which is fairly average for Birmingham and I believe slightly less if you opt for a 7 bed flat with a smaller bed!

Each accommodation has a similar common room and facilities but I found in my first year James Watt was the most lively (as I believe it is the biggest).

I would definitely recommend living on campus in your first year to meet more people - a good way to get to know others in and around your accommodation is to join the Facebook group for your block or for your yesr of freshers - this is where I got to know a lot of people!

I hope this helps!

- Poppy
Yeah definitely! Also can you apply for accommodation if you put aston as insurance or is it firm only
Aston University
Rep:
?
(Original post by pamoche)
Yeah definitely! Also can you apply for accommodation if you put aston as insurance or is it firm only
Hi there!

I believe once you have your offer you can apply but this may have changed especially with covid!

I have linked unite accommodation which is the provider of halls on Aston Uni campus and all the details can be found there about applying for accommodation!

https://www.unitestudents.com/?gclid...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

if you have any more questions don’t hesitate to ask!

- Poppy
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Hi there!

I hope this helps!

- Poppy
Hey i applied to bentley house, do you think its a bad decision as first year and i should change to on campus? I dont party but i am very sociable so im stuck :/
Aston University
Rep:
?
Hey i applied to bentley house, do you think its a bad decision as first year and i should change to on campus? I dont party but i am very sociable so im stuck :/
Hi there,

I lived across from Bentley house in my second year of university and it’s a very sociable area with a lot of Aston and BCU students.

I think if you’re a sociable person you will meet a lot of friends however, they may not be first years or Aston students!

Bentley house is more modern than the on campus accommodation (hence the price) so it really depends what you are looking for - I do recommend living on campus in your first year as it is way easier to make friends but it is certainly not the only way!

I wouldn’t consider staying off campus a bad choice as it is so near by anyway! Maybe have a look on Facebook at some Aston freshers chats you may find others are staying there too!

If I’m honest - the best way I found to make friends is through clubs and societies rather than accommodation.

I hope this helps but do let me know if you have more questions!

- Poppy
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Hi there,

I lived across from Bentley house in my second year of university and it’s a very sociable area with a lot of Aston and BCU students.

I think if you’re a sociable person you will meet a lot of friends however, they may not be first years or Aston students!

Bentley house is more modern than the on campus accommodation (hence the price) so it really depends what you are looking for - I do recommend living on campus in your first year as it is way easier to make friends but it is certainly not the only way!

I wouldn’t consider staying off campus a bad choice as it is so near by anyway! Maybe have a look on Facebook at some Aston freshers chats you may find others are staying there too!

If I’m honest - the best way I found to make friends is through clubs and societies rather than accommodation.

I hope this helps but do let me know if you have more questions!

- Poppy
what active societies are there and which do you recommend joining? i haven’t found any info on aston clubs and societies but i’m intrigued.Also is the uni diverse?
Aston University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
what active societies are there and which do you recommend joining? i haven’t found any info on aston clubs and societies but i’m intrigued.Also is the uni diverse?
Hello,

At the moment Aston University has over 100 clubs and societies, but this number is constantly growing with students starting up societies all the time. You can find a complete list of the societies here https://www.astonsu.com/activities/clubsandsocieties/. My recommendation would be to find your area of interest/ hobbies and join a society that best reflects that, societies and clubs aren't just to further your academic pursuits but to help you unwind, relax and meet likeminded people. And if you find that none of the already existing societies suits you, just create a new one.
Birmingham is one of the UK's most diverse and vibrant cities and the Aston student body reflects that diversity. The University is home to students from over 130 different nations and multiple ethnicities. As an Aston student, I can confidently say that the university is diverse.

*Ethel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads