Coming out for the first time ever... at university! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I'm not out to anyone.. not a soul knows. (although friends and parents have suspected for years).

However it's been a long time in the closet and now that I'm starting a new life at uni... there is just no way I am putting up with the closet bull**** anymore. As soon as I step foot in uni next month I will be completely out. To everyone.

I mean, I'm not going to go around 'I AM GAY. I AM COMING OUT' but if someone asks if I have a boyfriend, I will just tell them 'You mean a girlfriend and no, I don't have one currently'

My mom will almost certainly call and ask if I've 'met any cute boys' and I will just tell her I wouldn't notice even if I did, cause I'm too busy looking at the cute girls.

And **** what anyone thinks.

Does anyone else look forward to finally being themselves at uni? And hopefully finally start dating? x
Wahid-r
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I'm not out to anyone.. not a soul knows. (although friends and parents have suspected for years).

However it's been a long time in the closet and now that I'm starting a new life at uni... there is just no way I am putting up with the closet bull**** anymore. As soon as I step foot in uni next month I will be completely out. To everyone.

I mean, I'm not going to go around 'I AM GAY. I AM COMING OUT' but if someone asks if I have a boyfriend, I will just tell them 'You mean a girlfriend and no, I don't have one currently'

My mom will almost certainly call and ask if I've 'met any cute boys' and I will just tell her I wouldn't notice even if I did, cause I'm too busy looking at the cute girls.

And **** what anyone thinks.

Does anyone else look forward to finally being themselves at uni? And hopefully finally start dating? x
LOL, that's a brilliant way of coming out. :biggrin:
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I came out a few months into university. And now I have life friends who I will not trade for the world

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i say the same to everyone that being gay is hardly a taboo anymore and the less people in the closet the less society will advance.. like everyone needs to stop treating is as if it isn't a normal thing, i didn't come out as straight to my parents haha
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LOL I didn't mean to post this anonymously. That would be kind of ironic.. haha.
xLittleMissyx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yaya do it!!
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
LOL I didn't mean to post this anonymously. That would be kind of ironic.. haha.
I was going to say that there was a strong username to intent ratio here! :lol:

Go for it. Nobody will really bat an eyelid because, well, they don't already know you.
Krek
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For me it won't be my first time coming out, because I'm out to my family already but I can't wait to go to university and be myself! It currently feels like I'm 'stuck in the closet door' lol but in a few weeks time i'll be completely free Can't wait. I'm so comfortable with myself already, coming out for good should really be a breeze.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads