The Student Room Group

i havent started my UCAS uni application yet

Scroll to see replies

So did you literally just forget to apply for uni or something? You seem awfully casual about this
Reply 21
Original post by Doob
on the website it said course application deadline was 30th June?

Whoops, accidently gave you a rep... anyway was that the right course?

Application deadlines are from September-jan for all courses.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by bertstare
So did you literally just forget to apply for uni or something? You seem awfully casual about this

to be honest, i hate all this bull**** and processes you have to do

i only care about the learning aspect of stuff, not filling out forms lol
If your applying for entry next year. Then no.
Reply 24
Original post by Mike.Ross
If your applying for entry next year. Then no.

im applying to join in september 2015
Original post by Doob
the deadline as the 30th june, i havent applied yet :frown:

so i wont be able to get into uni...

Panic not, you are not doomed

You will still count as a 'late applicant' and go straight into clearing, try going to this page

https://apply2.ucas.com/appreg2014/SecurityServlet?functionName=new

You will need to register and get as personal ID etc but you should be ok.

Try and get it done today/tomorrow as UCAS sometimes freezes just before A level results day.

Many uni's will not open their clearing lines until Thursday but some are already open. You will need a clearing number for them to reference though.

Please don't panic, even if you don't get into the place you want to this year, it's only 1 year and you can work and save up a bundle of cash before going next year.

Good luck, let me know how you get on :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by SAE Oxford

You will still count as a 'late applicant' and go straight into clearing, try going to this page

Try and get it done today/tomorrow as UCAS sometimes freezes just before A level results day.

Many uni's will not open their clearing lines until Thursday but some are already open. You will need a clearing number for them to reference though.

Please don't panic, even if you don't get into the place you want to this year, it's only 1 year and you can work and save up a bundle of cash before going next year.

so i think the deadline for me is late october, the website is confusing because i believe the '30th June' deadline is for people applying to join THIS september, not in 2015
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Doob

so i think the deadline for me is late october, the website is confusing because i believe the '30th June' deadline is for people applying to join THIS september, not in 2015

Ah... I thought you were applying for this year, crikey, you have aaaaaages to apply (although, it can't harm to get it in super early!) :smile:
Original post by Doob

For the Sept 2015 cycle, the deadlines are 15th October for Oxbridge, medicine, vet med and dentistry, and 15th January for equal consideration for all other courses. You can apply after that but will be classed as a late applicant and may not get the same consideration as those who met the deadline. As the new Ucas season doesn't actually go live until mid September this year, you can't submit an application for at least a month, although you can fill the form in now if you wish.
Reply 29
Original post by carnationlilyrose
For the Sept 2015 cycle, the deadlines are 15th October for Oxbridge, medicine, vet med and dentistry, and 15th January for equal consideration for all other courses. You can apply after that but will be classed as a late applicant and may not get the same consideration as those who met the deadline. As the new Ucas season doesn't actually go live until mid September this year, you can't submit an application for at least a month, although you can fill the form in now if you wish.

Thanks mate, yeah i've practically finished the form so far, just need to complete my personal statement.
Original post by Doob
Thanks mate, yeah i've practically finished the form so far, just need to complete my personal statement.

So, do you understand that you have nothing to worry about at this moment? If you are applying for entry in September 2015 then you can start your application when you go back to college. Unless you are applying to Cambridge, Oxford or Medicine/ Dentistry then you have until mid January 2015 to apply. Your school should be able to help you with things like your personal statement and advice about Universities you want to go to etc.

If you want to start preparing right now though you should have a look at personal statements for your chosen degree here on TSR to give you an idea of what to mention in yours.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Doob
next year

im starting my A2's this september

You couldn't be more fine. I didn't start mine until mid September, and it was submitted without issue for the Oxbridge deadline in October...

People get too worried about having to spend months on this stuff. It's not that hard.
Original post by Doob
to be honest, i hate all this bull**** and processes you have to do

i only care about the learning aspect of stuff, not filling out forms lol

If you don't care about filling in forms, maybe academia is not for you.
Not 21st. 15th October.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SAE Oxford

Many uni's will not open their clearing lines until Thursday but some, like mine, are already open. You will need a clearing number for them to reference though.

OP is applying next year, not this, and Ucas is already locked down for this year, as it always is the week before A level results day. Please ensure the information you give out is correct.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
OP is applying next year, not this, and Ucas is already locked down for this year, as it always is the week before A level results day. Please ensure the information you give out is correct.

Apologies, I had asked my manager about this and that was the response I was given from her. I will double check before posting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending