Gaining Weight - Mono Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have glandular fever/mono and I have lost a lot of weight and I am now 2kg off being underweight.

The Dr has put me on a no fat diet, no: red/fatty meat, eggs, dairy, oil etc. as my liver function is not great, he said maybe another 3 weeks till I can eat normally. I am not allowed to do any propper exercise for maybe another 3 months.

I am loosing about 0.5-1kg/week and being malnourished won't help me fight the infection. Has anyone any advice on whats best to eat with regards to gaining back weight and getting healthy given my current diet/exercise restrictions?
thetrickyfox
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Starchy carbs and grains are your friends. High energy content, generally low in fat.
ColouredTights
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What the guy above said. For example pasta with a tomato based sauce would be low in fat, or most cereals with skimmed milk/fat free yoghurt. Also rice dishes (quite a lot of Asian food is low fat if your not picking options with creams/oils in).

It is relatively easy to eat very low fat diets now to be honest. Cooking food yourself will give you more control over this. I would recommend buying some "fry light" spray, it works the same as oil but is only a one calorie spray and should be allowed on your diet- do check with your doctor first though!

Good luck with your recovery!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads