Slowbro93
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Welcome to the all important Accommodation Swap thread!

This is the place where you can make any requests about accommodation posts. Please don't make any threads as you'll have your post here :yep:
michellekcl2014
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi!
I've just receive my offer of accommodation; I will be in Wolfson House.

As my first choice was Connaught Hall, I am looking to switch.

If you are interested in swapping your offer from Connaught Hall ONLY for my offer at Wolfson House, please post on this thread or send me a message!

Thanks all.
pVenky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello,

I have got accommodation at GDSA but want to swap places with someone who has got accommodation at Stamford Street Apartments as my campus located at Strand.

Please send me a private message if anyone wants to swap places.

Thank you.
EmpressKcl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If anyone has a Moonraker studio and want to swap for a Champion Hill en-suite please message me privately!!
Missy_m29
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey everyone

I am an international student and I will be joining Kings college this September in 2014. I have been offered a Single Ensuite room at Champion Hills residence, however I will be studying International Management and since London will be new to me I prefer to live near the Strand or Waterloo Campus.

If anyone is interested in swapping places with me kindly message me.

Thankyou
Mh273
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

I was given the offer to live in champion hill accommodation which is next to the medical campus of kings college for the year of 2014/15.

This is does not suit me because I am studying computer science and will need to be at the strand campus daily. I am a international student and never lived in England before , having the closest possible accommodation to the campus which my studies are would be best.

If anyone would like to swap rooms with me that is closer to stand campus please let me know. I will take anything with preference of Moonraker and Stanford.

Thank you
Slowbro93
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mh273)
Hi everyone,

I was given the offer to live in champion hill accommodation which is next to the medical campus of kings college for the year of 2014/15.

This is does not suit me because I am studying computer science and will need to be at the strand campus daily. I am a international student and never lived in England before , having the closest possible accommodation to the campus which my studies are would be best.

If anyone would like to swap rooms with me that is closer to stand campus please let me know. I will take anything with preference of Moonraker and Stanford.

Thank you
I can't help you, but in terms of getting to Strand every day, there is a train service from Denmark hill and quite a few buses that take you straight to the campus :yep:
Mh273
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
I can't help you, but in terms of getting to Strand every day, there is a train service from Denmark hill and quite a few buses that take you straight to the campus :yep:
Thank you for the reply, did you live around that area when you studied at kings? How long does it take to get from Denmark to strand. My googing skills say it takes around 30 minutes .

Also so how much does it cost with the train and buses?

thank you
Slowbro93
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mh273)
Thank you for the reply, did you live around that area when you studied at kings? How long does it take to get from Denmark to strand. My googing skills say it takes around 30 minutes .

thank you
I lived at home, however where I lived was about 10 mins from Denmark hill. So I passed through Denmark hill everyday day. On a good day about 20 mins, however for really heavy traffic a bit longer. I always aimed to give an hour window to get to uni and if you get there early just get a good coffee

Personally to give you the flexibility I would get a zones 1-2 travel card (which you can use for both the bus and train). Once you have a student oyster card it would cost around £85. Have you got one yet?
Mh273
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks, online it looks extremely far away.

I have not gotten the travel card yet. I will once I get to England. Does it cost 85£ for the year?
Gita89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mh273)

thank you
Hi!! I am wanting to switch! I Have been allocated in Iris Brooks single room. But I really want either Great dover Street, Ewen Henderson, or Champion Hill. Do you know how much the rent is at Champion Hill?
ApophasisMegale
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi guys!
Just received my accommodation offer and... well, I didn't expect to get a single in Orchard Lisle although it's new and looks really good
I'd like to have anything really: Stamford Street, Great Dover street, Moonraker Point or even crazy-priced studios....
that have en-suit as I can not share bathroom at all
If anyone's interested, please, let me know!
Many thanks!
EmpressKcl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mh273)
Thanks, online it looks extremely far away.

I have not gotten the travel card yet. I will once I get to England. Does it cost 85£ for the year?
I heard it was 85 a month.
EmpressKcl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gita89)
Hi!! I am wanting to switch! I Have been allocated in Iris Brooks single room. But I really want either Great dover Street, Ewen Henderson, or Champion Hill. Do you know how much the rent is at Champion Hill?
A standard en-suite at champion is 182 pounds a week.
KanzaAijaz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mh273)
Hi everyone,

Thank you
Hi. I'm an international postgraduate student too. I've an offer for Hampstead residence for 14/15. I would like Champion Hill since I'll be at the Denmark Hill Campus. If you're interested in a swap, let me know asap.
Mh273
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, thank you for the response.
Iris brooks single looks good , i will message you in a day with more info
Mh273
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KanzaAijaz)
Hi. I'm an international postgraduate student too. I've an offer for Hampstead residence for 14/15. I would like Champion Hill since I'll be at the Denmark Hill Campus. If you're interested in a swap, let me know asap.
Hi! Thank you for the reply,

Hempstead seems rather far away too , but in the other direction .
Gita89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mh273)
Hi, thank you for the response.
Iris brooks single looks good , i will message you in a day with more info
That's great! But I can only swap with PG girls.. not to be very forward but are you a PG girl? And where and what type of accommodation have you been offered? Could you let me know asap? I'm kindof a nervous wreck about this and want to try and get it sorted soon as possible..
KanzaAijaz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's great! But I can only swap with PG girls.. not to be very forward but are you a PG girl? And where and what type of accommodation have you been offered? Could you let me know asap? I'm kindof a nervous wreck about this and want to try and get it sorted soon as possible..
A postgraduate can swap with another postgraduate male or female both, right?
Gita89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KanzaAijaz)
A postgraduate can swap with another postgraduate male or female both, right?
Not at Iris Brook it seems.. cause they need to keep an equal/fair amount, that's why I was told I had to swap with a PG girl.
They love making it really hard for people :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (169)
24.56%
Pop (170)
24.71%
Jazz (27)
3.92%
Classical (41)
5.96%
Hip-Hop (125)
18.17%