Interview with a Japanese soldier.

Watch
wonderandmystery
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello everyone, I am going to get the chance to interview a Japanese soldier who served in World War Two. They were at Manchuria and Nanking (I do not know whether they were involved in the massacre) and for some time also was a guard at Unit 731. So what I wanted to know was there any questions you would like me to ask him?
wonderandmystery
Rep:
?
Bump.
ronmcd
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How important was serving the Emperor to them? What did they think about the Imperial Army's treatment of civilians? Did he fight the Soviets, and what did the Japanese think of them?
wonderandmystery
Rep:
?
(Original post by ronmcd)
How important was serving the Emperor to them? What did they think about the Imperial Army's treatment of civilians? Did he fight the Soviets, and what did the Japanese think of them?
All good questions. I will ask these thank you.
Okorange
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by wonderandmystery)
Hello everyone, I am going to get the chance to interview a Japanese soldier who served in World War Two. They were at Manchuria and Nanking (I do not know whether they were involved in the massacre) and for some time also was a guard at Unit 731. So what I wanted to know was there any questions you would like me to ask him?
Did people and soldiers back then hate the Chinese? In essence what I want to get at is were the killings of Chinese people ordered or was it something they were also glad to do?

What were their eventual goals for the Chinese? Was it to make them a puppet state, or to take control of part of China or what?
MatureStudent36
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When did you realise that the war was lost? What kept you going after you realised.

Obviously his answer is going to be dependant on realising it was lost before the atomic bombs and the soviets rolling into Manchuria.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
8.74%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (125)
60.68%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.56%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
14.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
1.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed