Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkey)
    Welsh
    I love the welsh accent, it's just so......welsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJ)
    Moi aussi.
    so you have an accent where almost everything you say sounds like a question. I really do find that so annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I have a cockney/ essex accent, but I can do many different accents, mwahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    I have no accent I speak how the English are meant to talk. Although one school I went to we had to have elocution lessons

ReputationRep:
    i have a french accent (really english wanabee n hard 2 understand)

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Cambridge... the accent is very neutral. Generally you come across as being well-spoken, but not overly posh or pretentious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    so you have an accent where almost everything you say sounds like a question. I really do find that so annoying.
    I know. I'm sorry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charters)
    I have no accent I speak how the English are meant to talk. Although one school I went to we had to have elocution lessons
    Really? Where was that?

ReputationRep:
    I have a south manchester accent, its kind of like Cheshire and Manchester mixed in. I don't say stuff like "knoh" I say "know" but I guess the rythem is manc

ReputationRep:
    i dont have one really.
    altho ive picked up northern tendancies from my rents because they are northerners...like garage not gararge, cinemA not cineMAR, castle not CaRstle and bath not baRth.
    yet when i go up north im told i have a posh accent - wheres the logic??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    That's how they are supposed to be said, there are no Rs in those words!

well this is what i say but i get told off by all my somerset friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    So a cockny then.
    West London isn't cockney

I have a cockney accent.. "awwwwwwwwwright mate"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJ)
    Really? Where was that?
    My prep school in rochester if you must know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Don't listen to them! They talk funny down there. Too interested in comboyne 'aarvesters

ReputationRep:
    My prep school in rochester if you must know
    Why? What are Rochester accents like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJ)
    Why? What are Rochester accents like?
    I don't get you. There were many different accents because it was a boarding school so naturally you have people from all over the country.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get you. There were many different accents because it was a boarding school so naturally you have people from all over the country.
    No, I only asked as people are usually given elocution lessons when they speak with an 'undesirable' accent. I'm not trying to undermine you, I'm just interested!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJ)
    No, I only asked as people are usually given elocution lessons when they speak with an 'undesirable' accent. I'm not trying to undermine you, I'm just interested!
    Oh sorry! Bad day, up all night revising because I suddenly get energy at like midnight and fell alseep in my roast dinner at lunch and got sent upstairs. The suns outside and I'm inside, o bloody hell.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry! Bad day, up all night revising because I suddenly get energy at like midnight and fell alseep in my roast dinner and got sent upstairs. The suns outside and I'm inside, o bloody hell.
    No problem, I know how you feel! Good luck with the revision. A-levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJ)
    No problem, I know how you feel! Good luck with the revision. A-levels?
    Yes sadly, I tried to out-do my four other brothers and take five. WHY!?!?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.