CoreyR
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ive done my gcses but what do you think is the hardest gcse science? I think chemistry
JayJay-C19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CoreyR)
Ive done my gcses but what do you think is the hardest gcse science? I think chemistry
Physics.
CoreyR
Rep:
?
(Original post by JayJay-C19)
Physics.
Wow physics unit 1 was so easy! Though i have to say that unit 2 was hard enough! I just think chemistry is harder due to soo many equations to learn
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't say hardest but so far the one that makes me 'think' the most is biology. My 1st/2nd favourite science.

Maybe it's because we haven't started human biology topics yet. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
CoreyR
Rep:
?
(Original post by karmacrunch)
I wouldn't say hardest but so far the one that makes me 'think' the most is biology. My 1st/2nd favourite science.

Maybe it's because we haven't started human biology topics yet. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Biology is the easiest for me theres no applied knowledge really. You dont even need to understand anything to get A or A* in the paper you just need to learn it off and write it on the page even if you have no clue what your talking about
JayJay-C19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow physics unit 1 was so easy! Though i have to say that unit 2 was hard enough! I just think chemistry is harder due to soo many equations to learn
See, that's exactly WHY I don't think Chemistry is the hardest. Equations to learn are a pain but they're not difficult. Physics is just concept after concept and incredibly boring. I hate it!
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think Physics is the easiest science GCSE but some of it is rather obscure. Also I cocked up the exam because I revised Chemistry and Biology exclusively XD
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone mentioned Astronomy and Geology?
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Biology is the easiest for me theres no applied knowledge really. You dont even need to understand anything to get A or A* in the paper you just need to learn it off and write it on the page even if you have no clue what your talking about
I kind of agree with applied knowledge but not fully as some things come up in Chemistry and vice versa. I can't really think of an example though. Revising is simpler for biology I agree but I find Chemistry easier to revise for (not as much). To fully enjoy biology though, I think you need to understand it imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CoreyR
Rep:
?
See, that's exactly WHY I don't think Chemistry is the hardest. Equations to learn are a pain but they're not difficult. Physics is just concept after concept and incredibly boring. I hate it!
I dont think any concepts at gcse level are too bad to be honest just some take a day or two and your fine!
JayJay-C19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I dont think any concepts at gcse level are too bad to be honest just some take a day or two and your fine!
I would say that's dependent on the person. With me, if I find the subject tedious, boring or dull, it just will not go in. At all.
CoreyR
Rep:
?
(Original post by karmacrunch)
I kind of agree with applied knowledge but not fully as some things come up in Chemistry and vice versa. I can't really think of an example though. Revising is simpler for biology I agree but I find Chemistry easier to revise for (not as much). To fully enjoy biology though, I think you need to understand it imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah well good luck with all your sciences anyway
CaitlinN15
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What exam board did you do?
I did AQA this year and Biology was terrible absolutely shocking- physics weren't too bad I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
CoreyR
Rep:
?
I would say that's dependent on the person. With me, if I find the subject tedious, boring or dull, it just will not go in. At all.
I agree with it being dull!
CoreyR
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaitlinN15)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ccea
CoreyR
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaitlinN15)
I did AQA this year and Biology was terrible absolutely shocking- physics weren't too bad I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
I done ccea and it wasnt so bad
CoreyR
Rep:
?
(Original post by RayApparently)
I think Physics is the easiest science GCSE but some of it is rather obscure. Also I cocked up the exam because I revised Chemistry and Biology exclusively XD
Good luck anyway
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good luck anyway
Cheers mate
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah well good luck with all your sciences anyway
Thank you!! ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd hate to say it but its definitely Biology... So much memory involved while Chemistry and Physics require mostly working out and general logic...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.37%
I don't have everything I need (308)
43.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed