contact lenses

Watch
Zik007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hi
i have recently started wearing contact lenses by that i mean two days go.
however i have just hit a problem i cannot seem to get the contact lens out of one of my eyes. Now i have put one hand on the eye without the lens which i was able to take of easily enough and found that my vision is not clear which i thought could mean it has fallen out or i took it out without realising it. Now i have got a slight feeling that i still have it on but i am not sure if that is because it is there or because i think its there. My lens is daily one. my question is that if it is on and leave it would it self fall out during night when i fall a sleep?
Tappouni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zik007)
hi
however i have just hit a problem i cannot seem to get the contact lens out of one of my eyes. Now i have put one hand on the eye without the lens which i was able to take of easily enough and found that my vision is not clear which i thought could mean it has fallen out or i took it out without realising it. Now i have got a slight feeling that i still have it on but i am not sure if that is because it is there or because i think its there. My lens is daily one. my question is that if it is on and leave it would it self fall out during night when i fall a sleep?
For trying to get them out, use one hand to hold your eyelids apart, then use the other (with your thumb and index finger) to basically pinch the lens and remove it - don't prod your eye!

If you leave it in overnight, it won't fall out because your eyes will be closed. But you'll wake up in the morning with a lot of sleep/eye crust/however you say it. Could either be that your eyes will be dry and itchy (in which case, get them lenses out ASAP), or they might feel fine...in which case you should probably still change the lenses
Zik007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Tappouni)
For trying to get them out, use one hand to hold your eyelids apart, then use the other (with your thumb and index finger) to basically pinch the lens and remove it - don't prod your eye!

If you leave it in overnight, it won't fall out because your eyes will be closed. But you'll wake up in the morning with a lot of sleep/eye crust/however you say it. Could either be that your eyes will be dry and itchy (in which case, get them lenses out ASAP), or they might feel fine...in which case you should probably still change the lenses
i have tried that but it does not feel like i am being able to get a good enough grip on it to pull it out.
Kyalimers
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
i have tried that but it does not feel like i am being able to get a good enough grip on it to pull it out.
Get someone else to see if the lens is still in there.

And use a well lit room with a mirror to get it out using the pinch technique described above.
dandelionxo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hi
I'm not sure how likely it is for the contact to have fallen out without you realising it but it's possible that the contact has folded in itself and is hiding in the corner of your eyes or somewhere else. I'd use a mirror and hold your eyes open really wide and gently pull on both your upper and lower lid to get a better look around. If it has folded up and you can't get it out, I'd call your doctor to remove it without damaging your eye.

Hopefully that's not the case but if you definitely feel like it's still in there and you can't see it, that might be why. Good luck!
Limpopo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ok the first thing is dont panic !

If you can still feel irritation in your eye then the chances are that its still in there.

Can you see clearly out of that eye?

Yes? > The lens has recentered on your cornea

N0?> It has either drifted away from your cornea(coloured bit) onto the white of your eye or it has folded a little and is hiding in the corner of your eye or under your eyelid.

Dont worry, its not going anywhere and wont get lost round the back of your eye !

You need a good light and a mirror.

Look in mirror and whilst holding lower lid down,see if you can spot lens in mirror. If so,carefully remove it..blink a little to assist.

No sign? hold upper lid up and repeat the above.

Dont worry about it. After lots of practice the in and out procedure will be a piece of cake.

A little tip when taking out in future..

Wash and dry your hands.

Blink a couple of times to re-wet lens

Use third finger to hold lower lid down a little.

Look ahead,

Bring thumb and index fingers into play to pinch the lens and lift off eye.

Keep fingernails short !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (29)
15.26%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (56)
29.47%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.16%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.63%

Watched Threads