shaunpezza1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys, i need some serious help

Im going to the poshest school, like ever. They press really hard with exams and they are literally all nerds. They are very committed to their studies and im kinda worried. You should read my personal information to kind of gain an insight as to why we might not be compatible
If you live in Essex, its the Coopers Company and Coborn Sixth Form.

I am studying:
Biology - AQA - Specification number 1411
Chemistry - Edexcel - Specification number 8CH01
Psychology - AQA - Specification number 1181
History - OCR - Specification number H106

If anyone has done these courses can you let me know what they are like and how you coped or are coping?
Much Appreciated
Shaun xo
username1258931
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shaunpezza1)

Im going to the poshest school, like ever. They press really hard with exams and they are literally all nerds. They are very committed to their studies and im kinda worried. You should read my personal information to kind of gain an insight as to why we might not be compatible

I am studying:

If anyone has done these courses can you let me know what they are like and how you coped or are coping?
Much Appreciated
Shaun xo

Chemistry is really hard, biology isnt too bad but you still need to put in a lot of work. You really need to start revising really early on. Serious exam revision from easter holidays onwards and more gentle revision 6 days a week right fromthe start. go over everything you learn in lessons and recap at weekends.
Midgeymoo17
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1) History- make sure that all notes you make are well ordered. Often this can involve multiple stages as if your teacher is like mine and never stops talking your class notes will be messy boarder line unreadable and a mesh of key phrases. These phrases/ key ideas may need padding out with more detail from textbooks- your school may provide these. Once having visited all your textbooks just make sure your happy with presentation and the layout makes information easy to find. Actually writing them 3/4 times will help material sink in.

2) History- if possible try and read a synoptic book of your period written for reading by people for interest or a documentary series like that by Andrew Marr at the start of the course as this gives you a great start in that you have a better idea where you are going and start making links between Events early.

3) Start Revision nice and early- it is a good idea to have made all revision material as you go. So at the end of each chapter of work write your notes! And answer any summary questions on the chapter at this point. This again will help you internalise the material early. Then when revision comes it really is revision and practice. This applies to all subjects.

4) Biology and Chemistry- the key here is very much understanding as the questions will more than often get you to apply your acquired knowledge to a new scenario. The best way to prepare is just to answer all availible practice questions and ensure you understand a concept.
robert.jones95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you're in for a propa ride m8 :cool:
ladybird29
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shaunpezza1)

I am studying:

Much Appreciated
Shaun xo

Hi,
I am in year 11 and looking at going to Coopers Company and Coborn sixth form. What is it like? is it as 'posh' and 'full of nerds' as you said previously?
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads