zoestariey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi there, is there anyone who has taken LSE Entrance Exam before? Mind sharing your experience and how do you prepare for this entrance exam. There's a few examples of past exam questions on LSE's website. but they do not provide the answers of the questions. May I know where can I find the answers for it? Thanks.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by zoestariey)
Hi there, is there anyone who has taken LSE Entrance Exam before? Mind sharing your experience and how do you prepare for this entrance exam. There's a few examples of past exam questions on LSE's website. but they do not provide the answers of the questions. May I know where can I find the answers for it? Thanks.
Hey, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply!

Have you found Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people who've applied for your course/University
Gral95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,
I took the exam in march, and eventually got an offer. The only preparation i did was for the maths section: i had to learn integral calculus (which i hadn't studied at school yet) and revise what i had forgotten. I also solved past exams available on lse website, but i'm afraid i don't have the solutions anymore. If you have more questions, feel free to ask!
zoestariey
Rep:
?
Hi, Thank you so much for your reply! I went through the past exam questions online. Some of the maths questions are really hard. May I know what else do you refer to other than the past exam questions? And how did you get the solutions for the past exam questions?

(Original post by Gral95)
Hi,
I took the exam in march, and eventually got an offer. The only preparation i did was for the maths section: i had to learn integral calculus (which i hadn't studied at school yet) and revise what i had forgotten. I also solved past exams available on lse website, but i'm afraid i don't have the solutions anymore. If you have more questions, feel free to ask!
Gral95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Actually I never found any solutions, it's just I was quite sure of my own results! For more practice I used the textbook I had at school, looking for questions similar to those in the exam.
zoestariey
Rep:
?
I see. Are you studying in bsc in Economics in LSE now? If you don't mind, can I ask you how to solve it if I have questions that I am unable to solve?
Actually I never found any solutions, it's just I was quite sure of my own results! For more practice I used the textbook I had at school, looking for questions similar to those in the exam.
Gral95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My course, bsc management, starts in october. No, I don't mind. I'm not sure I still remember how to solve every question though! In particular those about interest rates.
zoestariey
Rep:
?
I see. Congratulation! Thank you so much, will ask you again about questions. Btw, did you take foundation programme or A levels before this?
My course, bsc management, starts in october. No, I don't mind. I'm not sure I still remember how to solve every question though! In particular those about interest rates.
Gral95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, just the italian esame di stato. (If you take a levels you don't have to take ugaa)
eozcan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ugh, I applied for bsc management and they wanted me to do ugaa, even tough i am studying in their foundation programme. i am quite scared of failing ugaa. I'd be happy if you can give any advice to me. and are you happy to be a student at lse? their student satisfaction is really low, many of my friends hated when they actually started the course..
elcherie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have been asked to sit the UGAA test too! I am Italian and I've applied for Law.
eozcan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We are on of the lucky(?) 100 people. did you applied directly with you itailian qualification? I have to do section a-b1-d what about you?
elcherie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, I am currently attending the last year of high school, so I applied with my predicted Italian grades I have to do sections a, b2 and c.
I suppose being called to sit the UGAA is a good sing?!
I was a bit puzzled at first, but then I read on their website that we are among those applicants who are considered to be excellent by the Selectors.. I don't really know what to think!
By the way, where are you from?
Gattara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sitting the test too, I'm applying to do sociology, never studied economics or politics so I'm expecting to fail... does anyone know if there's a word limit or expected word count on the essay?
elcherie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gattara)
I'm sitting the test too, I'm applying to do sociology, never studied economics or politics so I'm expecting to fail... does anyone know if there's a word limit or expected word count on the essay?
I don't suppose there's a limit I'm quite worried for the Maths part...
eozcan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maths part is quite hard, and yes you do have a word limit in section A, summary must be less than 150words
eozcan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by elcherie)
Yes, I am currently attending the last year of high school, so I applied with my predicted Italian grades I have to do sections a, b2 and c.
I suppose being called to sit the UGAA is a good sing?!
I was a bit puzzled at first, but then I read on their website that we are among those applicants who are considered to be excellent by the Selectors.. I don't really know what to think!
By the way, where are you from?
Well my personal tutor in my school said it is like to called for an interview for oxbridge, I am turkish but I am doing LSE's foundation programme in England. I don't know what section c is, but is that maths? because for me its D and D-parts maths is quite hard
elcherie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eozcan)
Maths part is quite hard, and yes you do have a word limit in section A, summary must be less than 150words
Sorry I was thinking about section B
elcherie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes section C is about Maths
eozcan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by elcherie)
Yes section C is about Maths
I'd prefer to have section C, it only impacts 25%, section D impacts half of the test which I think its kinda scary:/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (94)
63.51%
I don't have everything I need (54)
36.49%

Watched Threads