Cannot be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet

Watch
Autistic Merit
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Is it true that you can pretty much have a portion of any food or drink so long as it's part of a balanced diet?

Or are there some foods/drink that are so unhealthy that you can't even do that? If so, give examples please.
TommeDeSavoie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Autistic Merit)
Is it true that you can pretty much have a portion of any food or drink so long as it's part of a balanced diet?

Or are there some foods/drink that are so unhealthy that you can't even do that? If so, give examples please.
I'd prefer the term lifestyle as opposed to diet, as diets are usually temporary.

But yes of course, I live a healthy lifestyle and exercise and treat myself on weekends. Although I find a lot of unhealthy food to be disgusting now, but I love those Viennese foxes biscuits

Just don't eat ****ty food every day, especially fizzy drinks, empty calories.
Reptilian
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Please refrain from drinking bleach. It doesn't fit well in a balanced diet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joshale
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
sure, but it won't give you a six pack, or be ripped if that's what you're aiming for
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think there is. I think all food in moderation can give a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle. I would recommend cutting down on bread as flour is the worst possible substance for your teeth.
JeffreyPhelps
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For balancing the diet there are several food and drinks in which we adopt some and reject to some food to balance our diet. You have to trick to your several taste buds, find in which food you can find the more calories, avoid the high calorie food, avoid sugar from your diet, instead of sugar you can take jaggery or honey, take Himalayan salt in your food which is good for health. Avoid the dairy products, be afraid of the food that is made by your own specially sweet dishes.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Of course you can. Feed the body to feed the soul.
SecretDuck
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't try gorging on 1,900 calorie fry-ups :ashamed:
Autistic Merit
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by JeffreyPhelps)
For balancing the diet there are several food and drinks in which we adopt some and reject to some food to balance our diet. You have to trick to your several taste buds, find in which food you can find the more calories, avoid the high calorie food, avoid sugar from your diet, instead of sugar you can take jaggery or honey, take Himalayan salt in your food which is good for health. Avoid the dairy products, be afraid of the food that is made by your own specially sweet dishes.

Honey is pretty much pure sugar.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There are lots of things that are basically just empty calories, with absolutely no goodness whatsoever. Mainly crisps, sweets and fizzy drinks. You really would be better off avoiding them entirely.

But pretty much anything else is ok, if, as you say, you moderate the rest of your diet to accommodate it. Even a big greasy fry up is ok once in a while if you just have a light dinner with plenty of vegetables to balance it out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (39)
40.63%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
21.88%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (5)
5.21%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
9.38%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (5)
5.21%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
6.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
11.46%

Watched Threads