Shall I buy an XBOX One? Watch

CryptoidAlien
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have no console but owned a 360. I want to be blown away by the Xbox One so would welcome some reccomendations on whether it is worth the price or indeed superior to the 360?
Wilsoncw1997
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CryptoidAlien)
I have no console but owned a 360. I want to be blown away by the Xbox One so would welcome some reccomendations on whether it is worth the price or indeed superior to the 360?
what games do you play?
why are you blown away?
how much are you willing to pay?
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nah PS4 has better exclusives and it's better.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you want to be "blown away" consoles are not the place to go.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The differences between the previous gen and new gen games still aren't enormous, if you want a night-and-day difference in terms of graphics, if there's nothing your 360 is letting you down with now I'd wait until one of the next gen consoles has a killer exclusive you really want. If you want a big jump in visual quality now, go PC.
TommeDeSavoie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Buy a PC if you're into gaming.
PranayR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Would recommend a PS4 buddy. Better games as well as better graphics.
CryptoidAlien
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wilsoncw1997)
what games do you play?
why are you blown away?
how much are you willing to pay?
I got offered a job today so i'm willing to splash.

I play Battlefield 4, FIFA 15 that's it. I may also but 'The Crew' which is an upcomming racing game, maybe even GTA 5
CryptoidAlien
Rep:
?
(Original post by PranayR)
Would recommend a PS4 buddy. Better games as well as better graphics.
Problem is i'm used to the 360 controller and want to transfer over my Battlfield stats etc.
CryptoidAlien
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
The differences between the previous gen and new gen games still aren't enormous, if you want a night-and-day difference in terms of graphics, if there's nothing your 360 is letting you down with now I'd wait until one of the next gen consoles has a killer exclusive you really want. If you want a big jump in visual quality now, go PC.
PC is too deer for a poor uneducated spanish kid at this moment in time.
Greg Jackson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
let's be honest here you're only considering xbone because you had a 360 and are too stubborn to make the switch, ps4 is literally superior in every single way
CallMeJay
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should get a PS4. It will be worth later as you'll be a PS+ member most likely. Microsoft just rip off their customers undoubtedly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Console war inbound. This is the part where we all argue that the console of our choice is the best.

There's a lot of variable to consider. The whole 'this console has better exclusives' argument doesn't really stick with me. Like OP, I mainly play games that are released on all consoles anyway. Personally, I got an Xbox One because it works better for me, it integrates with my PC & Windows Phone, most of my friends were getting it, twitch streaming, skype, youtube etc. are all great additions.

But as with everything, you'll find it hard to get a completely unbiased review or opinion.
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Xbox one
xmertic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It really depends what you want from a console. If you use netflix and all that sort of extra app and program use then I'd say Xbox One will be better for that. If you want more games but from a machine which has some good apps but is more focused on gaming performance, get a PS4.

I have both, so I'd say I have a good perspective. I use my Xbox One a little more, because I'm currently playing Wolfenstein which I'm a little obsessed with and I'm a big FIFA fan :P So I get caught up in that
Bridgesj
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Would recommend xbox one, especially with halo the master chief collection coming out in the next few months.

Also Microsoft is releasing an adapter in November that plugs into the xbox one and gives you all freeview channels. (Basically turns your xbox into a TV)
Tabris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends on what games you play.

I've had my XB1 since release. It hasn't done anything other than play BF4 and a little bit of Titanfall. Not really been worth the money, so far.

Hopefully Destiny and the MC Collection will help fix that, although the former is not exclusive and the latter isn't anything new.
Bridgesj
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I played the destiny beta and it was amazing, did you get to play it? I can't wait for its release.

Advanced warfare looks pretty good too, did you catch the multilayer reveal yesterday? Hopefully it can revitalise the call of duty franchise, Ghosts was easily the worst call of duty ever realised.
MrWindUpBird
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, let's see. On the face of it, PS4 gets you better graphics and it's own range of exclusives for the same price as an XB1, but then XB1 has cool games of it's own. Basically you just have to balance stuff like Ryse, Titanfall, Dead Rising against Sony's stuff.

I'd go PS4 because I kind of like nichey Japanese stuff and appreciate the extra graphical fidelity, but I wouldn't say it's better for everyone - say you really want to play Halo, you'll just have to buy Xbox.
Bridgesj
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can totally agree with that, it really just comes down to personal preference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads