Who would you replace hodgson with?

Watch
Ümmm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was on the train the other day and these guys where arguing about why hodgson should be sacked. This random guy who I'm guessing has no real interest In football said to him you keep saying why he should be replaced but not come with a suitable replacement. This got me thinking I do it a lot myself( think hodges on is crap). However, if I thought of a genuine replacement that could come in now being English( do they have to be?) I would struggle. I hear people say top premier league managers why would they leave their jobs? Also is Gary Neville really ready to manage england
Red Fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think they should take a gamble on a high flying championship manager, perhaps Steve McClaren?
goldie56
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Probably Martinez or Mourinho - is who I'd pick, not who would realistically get it
Stinkum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sam Allardyce.
Ümmm
Rep:
?
(Original post by goldie56)
Probably Martinez or Mourinho - is who I'd pick, not who would realistically get it
So who is a realistic choice which is what I am trying to get at.
Ümmm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stinkum)
Sam Allardyce.
I'd rather keep Roy. If that is the alternative.
h3isenberg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Di Matteo, he won the Champions League with Chelsea playing exciting football.
Stinkum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What about Gordon Strachan.

Or Moyes.

Or Clarence Seedorf.

Or Harry Redknapp.
Ümmm
Rep:
?
How would English supporters react if Neil Lennon was given the job?
ruthlessv
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Brendan Rodgers - Englands first 11 is basically 50% LFC players now anyway.

Otherwise Rafa Benitez.
Ümmm
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruthlessv)
Brendan Rodgers - Englands first 11 is basically 50% LFC players now anyway.

Otherwise Rafa Benitez.
Neither is realistic. Neither would leave their jobs
Manchester United
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
David 'The Record Breaker' Moyes!

Alex Doran
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Let Hodgson stick to it until 2016 Euros. After that either Neville or Southgate will be a good replacement (unless Mourinho decides he wants the job in which case there is no competition.)
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
All this "oh, it should be an English manager" talk is bull****.

It should be the best possible candidate for the job - and plenty of managers have better CVs than Hodgson, ffs.
cBay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
been saying this since before Hodgson was hired; Roberto Martinez. He's practically English anyway. Probably not until after Euro 2016 now though considering he's only been at Everton a year and the FA aren't going to sack Hodgson before then anyway.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The English national teams problems go far deeper than the manager. Sacking Hodgson will not have any benefit what so ever.
Alex Doran
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
The English national teams problems go far deeper than the manager. Sacking Hodgson will not have any benefit what so ever.
On an individual level, England had better players than quite a few of the teams that went through to the last 16. The individual players, some of which had incredible club seasons, did not perform at the level they are capable of. When players are not playing anywhere near the best, the manager gets blamed because he has to be able to get the best out of the players.
xmertic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ümmm)
I was on the train the other day and these guys where arguing about why hodgson should be sacked. This random guy who I'm guessing has no real interest In football said to him you keep saying why he should be replaced but not come with a suitable replacement. This got me thinking I do it a lot myself( think hodges on is crap). However, if I thought of a genuine replacement that could come in now being English( do they have to be?) I would struggle. I hear people say top premier league managers why would they leave their jobs? Also is Gary Neville really ready to manage england
I personally wouldn't say Neville is ready to manage a club, let alone a country
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why do people automatically think the manager needs to be English ffs?
eaqgaeyea
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
... apart from getting a better manager to work with the plethora of excellent young attacking talent that we have coming through.

But no let's all try and show off our footballing knowledge by saying that the grassroots is the problem and we should copy the Germans or the Belgians :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads