5.56%
Maybe (3)
16.67%
Numberwang
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
According to a recent survey of members on TSR, 66% of 16 to 18-year-olds are interested in studying abroad.

At uni, have you been tempted to do a year abroad or do a masters abroad? I've heard many masters programmes are free within the EU...I'm very much a MAYBE
Trustno1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Free really :O

And defiantly the idea of going different countries and learning seems so exciting to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fuyuame
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will be taking a year abroad in japan from this sep..you may think about applying for an international year at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
godd
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you can get instruction in English then why not. The problem is getting the instruction in English, unless you have a fat wallet to pay international fees in the US.
BeforeIDie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm hoping to study in Canada for my last year of my undergrad masters, think it is a great opportunity to live and study somewhere totally new.
Numberwang
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Trustno1)
Free really :O

And defiantly the idea of going different countries and learning seems so exciting to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Check out masters programmes in countries like Germany and Denmark
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
I wish I gave more thought to doing a year abroad! A lot of people I've met whilst I've been at uni have had fantastic experiences of going somewhere between 2nd/3rd year and their stories afterwards were great. :daydreaming:
petite_helen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fuyuame)
I will be taking a year abroad in japan from this sep..you may think about applying for an international year at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you studying in Japan? And is it as part of a course at a university in the UK (like with a partner university)? Finally, do you have to take a Japanese language test, like JLPT?
kingquang
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by godd)
If you can get instruction in English then why not. The problem is getting the instruction in English, unless you have a fat wallet to pay international fees in the US.
Most Masters in Europe are taught in English.
Butterfly9595
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Definitely! Hoping to do at least a semester abroad in the final year of my course! My course is (I think) the only one of its type to offer it as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sinirastas
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am Finnish and I have applied for Masters in Scotland, even though I could study for free in Finland. So why would I want to move and pay instead? The structure of degrees is complicated in Finland and to study Masters in my field would require me to first study second Undergrad degree (which I already technically have but from a wrong kind of institute) to be qualified to apply for the Masters programme. So it would take me another 3 years and I would have to move to another side of the country with my family before I could even begin the Masters degree in Finland. All in all it's easier for me to do this abroad, even if it means my degree is not straight away transferable to the Finnish system. At least that's what I keep telling myself - so excited to move to Scotland!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (279)
33.98%
No (542)
66.02%

Watched Threads