Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm basically going to echo what everyone else just said. I think you've done really well, and it's really nice of you to share your story. William's lucky to have such a positive and loving mum!

ReputationRep:
    i gotta say i agree with what everyones saying...uve done really well for yourself and william

ReputationRep:
    I think its a brilliant sucess story, you obviously worked hard and perseverd to get where you are now, im glad everything worked out for you.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god Louisa...thats so sweet...I wouldve thought having an abortion would be the easiest option, but what youve said made me realise a different perspective...you're so sweet and strong.

ReputationRep:
    People who equate being a young mum with harbouring sluttish tendencies are ill-informed and too quick to judge. I know a girl who is extremely beautiful and talented-musically, sport-wise and academically and was destined for Oxford (keeping up the family tradition) but is now at home looking after her son, who she gave birth to last year, at 15 years age. Once at school, she threw some salt on her best friend for a joke, and automatically everyone told her to ''grow up'' in time for the birth and criticised her for being too childish as a now mum-to-be. Consequently she rushed off to the school toilets and tried to commit suicide by overdosing. People should really think twice before making hurtful comments, especially if person in question decides to keep the baby. Being too honest about your pessimitic feelings will hurt the person- instead, the best thing to do is offer your practical support but don't comment on what can't be changed.
    Anyhow I'm happy to see that this girl hasn't hidden away from the world destined to be a humble, unambitious person for life, rather she takes her baby boy everywhere she goes and you can tell by the way she carries herself that she's not going to let the words of others affect her. It must be extremely difficult for young mums-I know most people would find it impossible to cope, me personally because I tend to be quite selfish. I bet it is really hard for you Louisa but stick it out, your life at the moment may not revolve around late-night clubbing and alcohol-fuelled one nighters but I'm guessing nothing could really come close to the happiness you get from being with and caring for your baby. Good luck with your course, and take care. xxx.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

I'm humbled - you've achieved so much where others would simply have given up. Your son is very lucky to have such a wonderful mother - best of luck at Bristol!

ReputationRep:
    awww that story is lovely it actually alomst brought a tear to my eye!!! well done and good on ya...i completely admire u!!!!!!! xxxxxxx

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.