Panic or Anxiety Attack, What's the Difference?

Watch
Lottie006
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was wondering what the difference is between a panic and an anxiety attack as I am currently suffering 'silently' with it (i'de believe). Unless i'm over-reacting I believe I am getting these 'Attacks'. Although I really can't make myself speak to someone. So I was wondering how I could find out the difference between these two and figure out which I am having, if any.
gen88
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They are the same thing (like saying rubbish bin/garbage bin). A panic attack is an intense feeling of anxiety for a period of time. They can stem from someone having 'Panic Disorder' or an 'Anxiety Disorder.'
jhumfy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Please, please speak to someone about it. Go to the doctor. I promise you, it's worth it. I put off going to the doctors about my anxiety and panic attacks for months, and they got worse and my life got worse. You can't make it better yourself, you can't make them go away without help. It's a condition that needs treatment and support. PM me if you want, I've been in your shoes and I know how **** it is
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (31)
11.36%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (153)
56.04%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (41)
15.02%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (42)
15.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
2.2%

Watched Threads