The Student Room Group

is induction week freshers week?

I was looking online at my university student book and it says that the induction week is on 13th of September

I was also wondering is this the time where I should move to my accommodation or should I be there a couple of days/weeks early?
Reply 1
Usually induction week is freshers week too. Depends on the uni though. And it's up to you when you move in - I moved in as soon as I could, I think the sooner the better! You get to meet everyone, and you're already paying for your accommodation so why not!
Original post by Livingaway
I was looking online at my university student book and it says that the induction week is on 13th of September

I was also wondering is this the time where I should move to my accommodation or should I be there a couple of days/weeks early?

Well if the Freshers week start on the 13th; you'll move in on the 13/14th!
Reply 3
Original post by c3rys
Usually induction week is freshers week too. Depends on the uni though. And it's up to you when you move in - I moved in as soon as I could, I think the sooner the better! You get to meet everyone, and you're already paying for your accommodation so why not!

I will be paying 300 deposit and then 700 on the first of sep so should I move in on the first or just wait?
I will be paying 300 deposit and then 700 on the first of sep so should I move in on the first or just wait?

Is it student halls or private living?
Reply 5
Original post by simplylldxo
Is it student halls or private living?

student halls and it's 205 a week
Reply 6
Are you moving in to halls? You can't just move in when you like. Emailing your university and asking when your move in date is the best thing for you to do.
student halls and it's 205 a week

You won't able to move in when you feel like it; you will be given a date unless you are doing a course that starts earlier or there is special circumstances that will need you to move in earlier!

it is the same thing, many universities have renamed freshers week to try and make it sound more welcoming for those who don't drink and party. As simplylldxo has said you will be told when you can move into halls. Some unis offer more flexibility than others when it comes to dates/times, I know Leeds, at least a few years ago said arrive anytime between Wed the week before freshers and the Sunday before, At my uni, UEA, they tell you what day you can move in but your free to come at any time and at some unis you even have to book a slot to arrive in so everyone isn't coming at once.
Reply 9
Original post by jelly1000
it is the same thing, many universities have renamed freshers week to try and make it sound more welcoming for those who don't drink and party. As simplylldxo has said you will be told when you can move into halls. Some unis offer more flexibility than others when it comes to dates/times, I know Leeds, at least a few years ago said arrive anytime between Wed the week before freshers and the Sunday before, At my uni, UEA, they tell you what day you can move in but your free to come at any time and at some unis you even have to book a slot to arrive in so everyone isn't coming at once.

I will show you what I mean about being able to move in now, I'm making a thread about it and I'll link it to you
My university (University of Derby)'s fresher fortnight starts on 13th September and ends on 28th September. The enrolment and induction week for FT Students start on 15th September and ends on 19th September so in terms of my university; Freshers and the induction week are in the same week :smile: but they aren't the same thing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending