Turn on thread page Beta

D. Beckham: lives by the media so shouldn't complain when he (sic) dies by the media? watch

ReputationRep:
    Although I don't think it is newsworthy to begin with, and realise I am simply adding to that by posting this thread; do you think the media backlash on David Beckham is proportional to the act he is meant to have committed?. Afterall in todays society should we be shocked in anyway by people having affairs?

ReputationRep:
    no, i think that he is being victimised, although it is out of guilt by the media, as they have been holding him up as a perfect role model and are now shown to have been wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the papers are unsure of which stance to take.

The Daily Mail (a big sack of cack) is flitting from viewpoint to viewpoint like the tabloid trash that it is.

Mind you, I think that Beckham is being victimised also. I mean - who can blame him under the circumstances? (And no that doesn't require a smart answer.)

ReputationRep:
    You set yourself up for a fall when you live the public eye, people are just ready and waiting to pounce on you, especially here in the british media. I think it has things to do with jealousy, and the feelings of power the tabloids have over other peoples lives - they have the power to destroy someone if they get bored with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    You set yourself up for a fall when you live the public eye, people are just ready and waiting to pounce on you, especially here in the british media. I think it has things to do with jealousy, and the feelings of power the tabloids have over other peoples lives - they have the power to destroy someone if they get bored with them.
    thats true in America also, and you dont even have to be a public figure here to get trashed. We just dont have it done on a daily or weekly basis like in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the papers should leave Beckham alone. He seems like he is a nice guy and I think this is just another example of the papers building good people up just to bring them up. I mean he seems to obviously love his wife and kids to who are the papers to bring that down? What ever your individual oppinion on Beckham I would hope that everyone would agree that this isn't fair on his children. I mean they are innocent in this and the older child at least will be aware about what people are saying in the papers. Plus have see the women talking about it? She looked so dodgey she wouldn't even look into the camera. It really looked like she was lying.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you put [sic] after "he"? Are you trying to imply that he is not a man?

ReputationRep:
    hes one of britains best (if not the best) footballers. its horrible that the british media can intrude upon his public life like they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Why did you put [sic] after "he"? Are you trying to imply that he is not a man?
    A typo which I will put down to doing several things at once. I find it interesting that David Beckham has made no attempts to use legal means to stop the stories; an admission of guilt? or are there other reasons for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajoruna)
    A typo which I will put down to doing several things at once. I find it interesting that David Beckham has made no attempts to use legal means to stop the stories; an admission of guilt? or are there other reasons for it?
    Maybe he wants to sue them for libel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    What are you on about? His missus makes documentaries about them, then sells them to ITV etc. If you're going to milk the public like that, then you can't really complain when it all goes tits up.
    if anything they are just attempts to react to bad/negative/unfair press that they attract. if i was slated by tabloids i would want to show what im really like.

i dont mean that the press should leave them alone/not report about them completly but the level of hysteria around them is ridicolous.

ReputationRep:
    zzzzzzzzzzz

dont care if he did it or not. its nothing to do with me... or the publis to be honest... the tabloids think we can decide whos right tho.

ReputationRep:
    But seriously all you people who are saying he deserves it may be he does maybe his wife does (personally I don't think anyone does) but can you honestly say that his children do. The older son is gonna be aware of what is being said I mean it is a media storm and how does that make him feel. Also what about their kids if they do split up over this would that be a good situation for them?

ReputationRep:
    People like to see others knocked down, especially when it is "Mr. Perfect" Beckham. Many men envy him so want to see him fall because it makes people feel better. I don't think it is justified at all.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.