"Feminism" must be replaced with "Gender Equality". Watch

How Are You?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Dear feminists,

I have a request. Please kindly change the name of your movement if you want it to survive. Reality check - No sensible person would support feminism if little girls like her ( http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2780929 ) create silly posts, blaming traditions, customs and every tiny factor in the society on people or more specifically, men.

You feminists believe in equal rights don't you? Ok then. Change the name of your movement right now to "Gender Equality". Be specific. Don't try to screw with people's brains.

Rant:
Spoiler:
Show
You feminists are getting utterly annoying and your movement which mostly comprises of women who hate men and little girls who find fault in every single thing and blame it on men and the society is cringeworthy.

You create a false idea/belief that women are still victims and are denied basic rights and job opportunities. But when in reality, what you want is power. Yes, i agree that women have been treated badly in the past. And they deserve equal rights. But tell you what? Now, that you have everything you fought for. You look at every single aspect and are trying to overpower men. You are trying to become powerful and you want to obtain (STEAL) the dominating characteristics which most confident men portray. You are jealous and now you have crossed the line.

You feminists aren't for equality. Equality exists to create and maintain peace and harmony between individuals. But no, the real meaning of feminism is female domination and control. CHANGE THE NAME OF YOUR GODDAMN MOVEMENT!
TheAnusFiles
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Agree
CheGuava
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Egalitarianism was a thing, but was met with strong feminist opposition as it pointed out fraudulent figures published by mainstream "feminism" groups and said gender gaps weren't as large as people said.

Fell out of popularity. Shame.
How Are You?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by TheAnusFiles)
Agree
I'm sick and tired of these feminists. They are hitlers daughters reincarnated, to be honest.
TheAnusFiles
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by How Are You?)
I'm sick and tired of these feminists. They are hitlers daughters incarnated, to be honest.
There is a need for feminism in the Third World. However in Britain men are disadvantaged too in some areas and gender equality should be encouraged.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't bother labelling myself anything any more because somebody will get their panties in a twist no matter what I say.

I just want equality for both men and women.
luckylittle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I told my fem friend I could sit and watch her work all not feel guilty and drop off drink when she passes
Jane Jetson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Stop generalizing. Not all feminists are intent on achieving female domination, and those that do give the movement a bad name.
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it is a good idea considering that feminism is growing into a hypocritical policy especially in the media.
E.G
Men cannot strike a woman but it is one for a woman to do it. Shouldn't it be that you don't hit anybody... Period!
Greg Jackson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
agreed
CJKay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jane Jetson)
Stop generalizing. Not all feminists are intent on achieving female domination, and those that do give the movement a bad name.
So why not give it a more relevant name?
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That thread :indiff:
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Should black rights groups rename themselves 'race equality' groups?

(Original post by How Are You?)
I'm sick and tired of these feminists. They are hitlers daughters reincarnated, to be honest.
Would rep for hilarity caused :lol:

This should be TSR's slogan.
HiveNexus
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You want feminism to abandon their historical, academic and philosophical foundation because you focus too strongly of a few extremists and they hurt your feelings?
Merlot-Onous
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Remember that feminism has long moved away from being singularly concerned with gender issues. The philosophy branched into broader equality and inclusivity among groups and approaches taken.
Amphiprion
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A group of extremists who want superior women's rights ruin the perfectly legitimate and reasonable cause of feminism. Rebranding might not be a bad idea but seems unlikely.
username927016
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I prefer the term "Egalitarianism" :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads