The Student Room Group

Help needed with choosing Maths Subjects

:smile:Hi everyone.
I Had to create an account
just to ask this stupid question that I'm hesitating to ask since sometime.
Let's just say I'm Pretty Bad at maths, The only subject I can't seem to Do well in it, in my O levels I ended up getting an U and I didn't retake the exam , I gave my AS this year, taking up General studies instead of Maths.
and to fill my criteria for O levels I took up eco and Managed to get a B
so basically If I want to enter a Uni I need to have maths whether I like it or not. many have suggested I take it up this year , But I am not sure which units do I take. (For AS) something that's easy and won't make me Lose focus on my other subjects ..I Want to appear for the exams for this AS subject in June 2015 along with my A2 subjects. Can anyone help me out with this? the Unis here won't accept me if I don't have a maths subject for the Majors I want.
Thank you so much, if anyone could help me out.
So you're good at Economics but bad at Maths? How is that?
Reply 2
Original post by Nusicat
Let's just say I'm Pretty Bad at maths, The only subject I can't seem to Do well in it, in my O levels I ended up getting an U and I didn't retake the exam , I gave my AS this year, taking up General studies instead of Maths.
so basically If I want to enter a Uni I need to have maths whether I like it or not. many have suggested I take it up this year , But I am not sure which units do I take. (For AS) something that's easy and won't make me Lose focus on my other subjects ..I Want to appear for the exams for this AS subject in June 2015 along with my A2 subjects. Can anyone help me out with this? the Unis here won't accept me if I don't have a maths subject for the Majors I want.

Its not just university. You HAVE to have a c in maths and english language to get a job anywhere in the UK. As you managed to get a B in economics and management I suggest you belt up and actually work hard for a maths gcse to get it to a C.. that's 50/200 marks. Nobody gets a U if they work hard.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
So you're good at Economics but bad at Maths? How is that?

GCSE Economics hasn't got any maths
Reply 4
I don't think general studies is accepted in courses where they require maths
Reply 5
Original post by Nusicat

Your English is very confusing - are you studying outside the UK? (I presume so, since you refer to O levels).

You need to ask the Unis concerned what subjects they consider acceptable - it's no good asking on here because we have no idea what institutions or courses you're referring to!

Quick Reply

Latest