The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
iiikewldude
it will be psycological, they taste fine. Pour them into a glass. Drinking out of cans is for hobos

dont be such a woman.beer is beer is beer.
Daveo
As a rule I don't drink beer, girly drinks are far more appropriate.:tongue:

?? U have to learn to like beer.. for the sake of your manliness. :P
dforster

it's nothing to do with being a woman, just it's better out of a glass. I can drink it out of a can but i prefer it out of a glass.
Reply 23
iiikewldude
it's nothing to do with being a woman, just it's better out of a glass. I can drink it out of a can but i prefer it out of a glass.

picture the scene....
summer BBQ....mates all around you....scandanavian models gently supping their girly drinks....a friend offers you a can....you really really should not turn round and say "oh excuse me sir- could i have a chilled glass to go with this"......(hmm...thinking about it....glasses are nice....but cans are practical!!!)
dforster
picture the scene....
summer BBQ....mates all around you....scandanavian models gently supping their girly drinks....a friend offers you a can....you really really should not turn round and say "oh excuse me sir- could i have a chilled glass to go with this"......(hmm...thinking about it....glasses are nice....but cans are practical!!!)

i'd ask for a glass. come on it's not like i like drinking orange reefs with a straw.
Reply 25
glass is nicer but i wouldnt turn down a drink just cos it was in a can lol
SoulBrother
glass is nicer but i wouldnt turn down a drink just cos it was in a can lol

wouldn't turn it down but i'd go inside to get a glass if there was one.
Reply 27
good man
As for the people that haven't heard of Netto's, it's something to do with geography and demographics that affects what shops you have around you.

If you live in a rather posh area you will have a tesco, sainsbury and a waitrose. Your local shop will be probably a One Stop or an Alldays (though they are now owned by Co-Op)

If you live in a say (please excuse the wording), poor place, you will have an Asda, Lidl, Netto and probably another Tesco.
Your local shop will be a Co-Op...and a (again 'scuse the wording) Paki shop.

I've only "heard" of Netto and know they have bright yellow bags with scotty dogs on them.

I apologise profusley for the horrible stereotyping on here
Reply 29
Manchester, is not a poor place... and Sainsburys Marks & Spencer and all the "Posh" shops are still here
Danithestudent
As for the people that haven't heard of Netto's, it's something to do with geography and demographics that affects what shops you have around you.

If you live in a rather posh area you will have a tesco, sainsbury and a waitrose. Your local shop will be probably a One Stop or an Alldays (though they are now owned by Co-Op)

If you live in a say (please excuse the wording), poor place, you will have an Asda, Lidl, Netto and probably another Tesco.
Your local shop will be a Co-Op...and a (again 'scuse the wording) Paki shop.

I've only "heard" of Netto and know they have bright yellow bags with scotty dogs on them.

I apologise profusley for the horrible stereotyping on here

near me theres a sainsburies local a tesco metro, 'paki shops', co-op an all days and a spar. I must be quite posh then, except for the paki shops
SoulBrother
Manchester, is not a poor place... and Sainsburys Marks & Spencer and all the "Posh" shops are still here

Oh I should have had added this is an assumption made of down south.

Where I live we have a Waitrose nearby and lots of celebrities.

Down the road in Littlehampton where there are huge council estates there are Lidl's and (again with the apologising) Paki shops.
We have 2 paki shops where I live, but they are both garages so thus astronomical.
Reply 33
dforster

no if you really apprieciate it.
Danithestudent
We have 2 paki shops where I live, but they are both garages so thus astronomical.

the 'paki shops' around me are reasonably priced. If your really desperate they always sell out of date stuff dirt cheap.
Reply 35
who would be desperate enough to buy out of date stuff lol
iiikewldude
the 'paki shops' around me are reasonably priced. If your really desperate they always sell out of date stuff dirt cheap.

Oh I have one of those shops, it's the closest one too me and the guy that works there is Patrick and he is gorgeous and going to be famous and I love him. Ok random tangent but anyway. lots of out of date stuff, the guy that owns it though is a twat and charges £5 for a packet of 20 Dorchester Superking Cigarettes (usually about £3.75) and most of the stuff is out of date.
But patrick lets me have things for free *mmmmm*
SoulBrother
who would be desperate enough to buy out of date stuff lol

I do quite a lot, 200 packets of 1 month outta date Space Raiders for a quid!?! Get in there!
cigs are about 4.20 for 20 superkings here, not that i care because smoking is evil.
Reply 39
iiikewldude
?? U have to learn to like beer.. for the sake of your manliness. :P
I just can't girls drinks like archers n lemonade are well nicer, i always buy doubles or triples tho if that helps.

Latest

Trending

Trending