Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I do quite a lot, 200 packets of 1 month outta date Space Raiders for a quid!?! Get in there!
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I just can't girls drinks like archers n lemonade are well nicer, i always buy doubles or triples tho if that helps.
    force yourself alot of my mates did at first and now they genuinly love beer, well or pretend to. In all honesty i wasn't much of a fan either at first but if i drank reefs etc which is known as 'poof juice' where i come from i would have become a pariah. Anyway through my drinking of beer i now really like the taste of it. MmmM beeeeer :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    force yourself alot of my mates did at first and now they genuinly love beer, well or pretend to. In all honesty i wasn't much of a fan either at first but if i drank reefs etc which is known as 'poof juice' where i come from i would have become a pariah. Anyway through my drinking of beer i now really like the taste of it. MmmM beeeeer :P
    i didnt realise how much i loved lager until i didnt drink it for over a week just before easter. When i went home for easter i had a tall frosty glass of san migal from my local back home and it was sooo nice... alot of my mates drink bitter, but i cant stand the stuff... yuk :confused:

ReputationRep:
    They don't have Nettos in London do they? My cousin from Kent keeps talking about it. We have Lidl (great one) and Aldi here though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    i didnt realise how much i loved lager until i didnt drink it for over a week just before easter. When i went home for easter i had a tall frosty glass of san migal from my local back home and it was sooo nice... alot of my mates drink bitter, but i cant stand the stuff... yuk :confused:
    mmm bitter is nice

ReputationRep:
    Guiness!

drinking from cans makes the beer taste metallic, its bearable but not great is it just me that even after you pour it into a glass you can still taste that it was from a can?!

glass bottles is the best or a pint glass

ReputationRep:
    We have Marks&Sparks Food outlet, a Tesco and a Netto all right next to each other. There is also an Aldi, Kwik Save, Co-op within a few miles. Pretty pointless you might think. Lidl is pretty far away though.

Netto is a quality shop, 60p for a 2 litre bottle of pepsi. Unbeatable.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulBrother)
    Was talkin with a m8 a skool today and she told me u can get stella @ netto's for £9 per 24 pack? Is this true, anyone know,is it just poor qual? if it is im gonna...
    do something... exciting to celebrate...

Ahh the classy drink...
    Stella aka wifebeater!: )

ReputationRep:
    lol....?

ReputationRep:
    This offer is very true, I just went down before and its £8.99 for 24*25cl stella. Not the biggest bottles in the world, but at £1.50/litre that is damn cheap for Stella. Needless to say I bought some.

A crate of 24x440ml of Stella was £12.99, which is an absolute steal! Just too much to carry I'm afraid.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    As for the people that haven't heard of Netto's, it's something to do with geography and demographics that affects what shops you have around you.

If you live in a rather posh area you will have a tesco, sainsbury and a waitrose. Your local shop will be probably a One Stop or an Alldays (though they are now owned by Co-Op)

If you live in a say (please excuse the wording), poor place, you will have an Asda, Lidl, Netto and probably another Tesco.
    Your local shop will be a Co-Op...and a (again 'scuse the wording) Paki shop.

I've only "heard" of Netto and know they have bright yellow bags with scotty dogs on them.

I apologise profusley for the horrible stereotyping on here
    Everyone's heard of Netto round here in Leeds, but when I mentioned Waitrose today I got blank looks. I know about it since my grandma lives in Newark, and - interesting fact here fact fans - Newark has the furthest north Waitrose in the country, for now anyway. They're buying some of the Safeway stores that Morrisons arent allowed to buy in Yorkshire and the North west.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, and a *very* local shop we have is called Jack Fulton's. There's a few in East Leeds and they're dirt cheap. 4 bottles of Fanta/Lilt/Dr Pepper for £1, 12 packs of McCoy's for £1, 24 Hula Hoops for £1 etc.
    They make a mint out of us every lunch - we send someone up on the sandwich run to a little shop whose most expensive sandwiches are £1.20 and all made to order, then pop across the road to fultons and bingo! Quality sandwich, bottle of fanta and pack of crisps for about £1.50 - we just buy a multipack of crisps and sell the rest on not for profit, undercutting the school caterers while we're at it

ReputationRep:
    i remember when i managed to get 48 cans of fosters export for five quid,

beat that

lol well it was 24 cans for 4.99 but it was buy one get one free - i dunno how they did it, but i was 48 cans of fosters better off !!!!

my dad busted me though - he was like WHY DIDNT U GET MORE !!!!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.