Report Thread starter 6 years ago
deleted as no-one has sensible answers.
Mathsz0r
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by La_Chiquita)
I'm a nurse and I usually work a 13 hour shift running only on caffeine, adrenaline, and the odd biscuit crammed into my mouth when hiding under the drugs trolley. However, yesterday, I woke up at 5am, and for the first time ever, instead of thinking ''sod breakfast I'll stay in bed for another 30 mins, cry when I fall over putting my uniform on and do my makeup in the car'' I thought ''BREAKFAST. FEED ME!'' I awoke from my slumber, and traded precious sleepy time for a big bowl of porridge with copious amounts of berries, honey and milk. I washed it all down with coffee, biscuits, and a packet of crisps. When I got to work, I actually took my break ( a rare event) and ate 2 ham and cheese sandwiches, a fruit flapjack, a packet of crisps, a milky bar, a nut and chocolate cereal bar thing and a pack of tutti fruities. A few hours later I ran up six flights of stairs while pretending to pop to pharmacy as I'd heard on the grapevine there was a small birthday do which involved food on another ward. I literally inhaled about eight sandwiches, handfuls of sausage rolls, mini pizza's, cakes, stuffed my pockets with anything I could get my grubby little hands on and hot footed it back to my ward before anyone realised that no-one there knew me. A bit later on, a patients relative bought me a box of chocolates to say thankyou (labelled to me) which I demolished within seconds. An hour or so later another relative bought in copious amounts of luxury biscuits thickly coated in chocolate, which I again made a huge dent in.....followed by lots of shortbread bought in by another patients relative and bags full of Asian sweets donated to me by a staff member. When my shift ended I waddled to the chip shop, got large fish and chips with curry sauce AND six chicken nuggets and scoffed the lot.

Today I'm 7lbs heavier.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??! I never usually eat and use stress hormones as my main form of energy. I am def. not pregnant. Am I ill? Am I morphing into some sort of beast? Has this happened to anyone else? Will it happen again? And how is it physically possible to gain half a stone in 24 hours?? argghh help me please :-(
You're a nurse and you're seriously clueless regarding weight gain? Smh.
La_Chiquita
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Mathsz0r)
You're a nurse and you're seriously clueless regarding weight gain? Smh.

I'm not clueless over weight gain. I'm clueless as it takes 3,500 calories to add 1lb of weight. So to add 7lbs in 24 hours I'd have needed to consume 24,500 calories, and it's highly unlikely that I ate that many calories. Also my point is, WHY did I suddenly, out of the blue, feel ravenous.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You weighed yourself before you pooped, corrupting the readout as you were weighing the food in your stomach.
Lightwave
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Your bowels, bladder and stomach were probably empty before the initial weighing and full on the second weighing.

It's not possible to gain 7lbs of fat/muscle in one day, that would out match the bodies capacity for digestion.

Edit: You may be turning into a werewolf, I had similar symptoms the few days before I turned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (498)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (619)
41.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (302)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.57%

Watched Threads