helrubel3
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Okay, hi guys :/
Ill be starting my a levels in 2 weeks or so. I'm super stressed and anxious because I didn't do any revising this summer and I've forgotten everything at gcse

To add to the worry, I'm planning on taking aqa biology, and unlike most students I actually took my biology gcse in grade 10, so it's been an entire year and I'm completely blank and I feel like I won't do well at a level I'm seriously freaking out.
Planning on taking Biology, chemistry, math, and business studies..And I haven't taken business studies at gcse Debating on taking Econ instead??[s]confused:confused:
Any words of advice/ any tips/ anything actually would be really appreciated! Pls heelpppp
godd
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
You what the funny thing is.

You can know sweet **** all 1 month before your A Level exams, revise like hell and pull off an A. You are expected to have forgotten 99% of it. Heck I can't remember half the stuff I learnt in my bachelors degree.

Don't freak out, get a good revision guide/ textbook and revise from that a couple of months before your A Levels. You can piss about the rest of the year, as long as you do your coursework/ ISAs (if they still exist, haha).

I did my A levels in 2008-2010, I only started revising 3 months before the exams. The rest of the time, I knew sweet f all.
godd
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Economics is much harder than Business Studies.

If you don't have an A in GCSE Maths, I do not recommend doing AS Level maths.
Petrue
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by helrubel3)
x
Don't worry about not having done the GCSE for Biology and Business: the teachers will teach as though you hadn't taken it at GCSE.

I took Business AS even though I hadn't done GCSE Business and I wasn't at a disadvantage compared to those who had taken it. The only benefit those who have done the GCSE have is that they already understand the very basic stuff! Economics is a harder AS level than Business Studies but, in my opinion, Economics is much much more interesting and looks better in the eyes of universities I can't speak for biology as I haven't done it but I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine!

Just try to relax a little :^_^:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.29%
No (110)
27.03%
I'm not sure (52)
12.78%

Watched Threads