The Student Room Group

What Alevels is Everyone Planning On Doing?

And for what course after college?😊
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm in year 10, but my a-level plans are:

Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry OR Computer Science

After I do A-levels I want to go to Cambridge to study natural sciences, but if my GCSEs aren't very good I'll have to change it up :wink:
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
English Lit
Extended Project

Then hopefully Medicine at wherever will accept me.
Reply 3
I want to do Law at Cambridge but I'm also passionate about Maths. I'm in Year 10 also, so choose this November.

Maths
Further Maths
History
Religious Studies
Psychology (or maybe Physics, we'll see)
Economics
English Lit.
Psychology
RS: Philosophy & Ethics
EPQ

Hoping to study Management with Marketing at Bath :3
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
English Lit
Psychology
Government & Politics
if I get an A in GCSE History then I'll do History, if not, Philosophy

hoping to study Law at University of Leicester or University of Leeds.
might even apply at Oxford :eek:
(edited 9 years ago)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
and Maths or Further Maths (I don't know is it really important or not and what is the difference)

Hoping to study Medicine in Birmingham Uni :biggrin:
Reply 7
Biology
Geography
R.E.
Psychology
Welsh Bacc

After my a levels I'm hoping to study Psychology at Reading uni :h:
Original post by ammie0206
Economics
English Lit.
Psychology
RS: Philosophy & Ethics

Hoping to study either Management with Marketing at Bath or Management Sciences at Oxford :3

Hi

I would check with a phone call to both departments about which grades they would like you to have. I do know there is a lot of maths involved in Management with marketing, so that might be worth doing. However I would always advise checking with the university first about which subjects they accept.

Good Luck

Sara
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi

I would check with a phone call to both departments about which grades they would like you to have. I do know there is a lot of maths involved in Management with marketing, so that might be worth doing. However I would always advise checking with the university first about which subjects they accept.

Good Luck

Sara

Hi Sara,

Thank you for the advice, I'll call up just to check although as far as I can tell from the websites I don't see any specific subject requirements. Would you recommend taking Maths at A-Level for these courses or would my A at GCSE be enough? And are there any other queries with my choices that might affect my application?

Thank you very much.

-Amelia
Original post by ammie0206
Hi Sara,

Thank you for the advice, I'll call up just to check although as far as I can tell from the websites I don't see any specific subject requirements. Would you recommend taking Maths at A-Level for these courses or would my A at GCSE be enough? And are there any other queries with my choices that might affect my application?

Thank you very much.

-Amelia

That's okay, yeah I couldn't see on the website any specific requirements but I am aware that they don't accept certain subjects at A2, so do be cautious and phone up to double check, as you don't want to study the wrong subjects. I do think if the degree requires maths it would be best to be confident in maths rather than rely on your GCSE's. Do you mean any queries with your personal statement application?

Sara
Original post by University Of Bath
That's okay, yeah I couldn't see on the website any specific requirements but I am aware that they don't accept certain subjects at A2, so do be cautious and phone up to double check, as you don't want to study the wrong subjects. I do think if the degree requires maths it would be best to be confident in maths rather than rely on your GCSE's. Do you mean any queries with your personal statement application?

Sara

Thank you, I wasn't aware that the university doesn't accept certain A2's. I plan on going to the open day this September so I'll be sure to talk to anyone there to get more information as well as phoning up just in case. I meant any queries with my other options, for example if there are any subjects that are favoured such as Maths or that are looked down on (I know some universities aren't keen on RS for example).
Yeah that's what I meant by particular A2's not being accepted some courses at Bath and other university's won't accept particular subjects, or will specify that you need particular subjects. It's really good that you are coming to the open day next month as all the information you will need will be on offer in the department on the day. Again I am not totally sure what subjects are required for either degree but it would be good to phone up both universities and to work out a balance of which subjects would cover both degree options.

Good luck

Sara
Depending on results I'm going to be doing Use of Maths, ICT and Applied Science.
Biology
Chemistry
Psychology
Maths
EPQ

Medicine at Imperial College, UCL, Queen Mary, St.George
Reply 15
How many threads have we got about the same topic now?????

Anyway:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry

Physics or Natural Sciences. I'm not sure which uni though, I don't know the course for many of the universities and I don't even know the cities as I've only been to London and Oxford.
Maths
Physics
Product Design
French
EPQ

Hoping to study Architecture at either Bath or Cambridge. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
History
Law
English Literature
Photography
Reply 18