TheBestUsername
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey I'm possibly going to Swansea this September and was wondering how fast the wireless is in the accommodation? (Ping/download/upload) And how is gaming on PC? I.e. League of Legends all that?

One last thing does anyone know if Xbox one works with the wireless and if so is it stable?
DeceitfulDove
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you don't get a reply by tomorrow I will edit this with an answer by my friend who games a lot and stayed in accommodation last year I live at home so don't know what it's like in accommodation but I'm in the library now and have never had any problems with it
Wick3d
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheBestUsername)
Hey I'm possibly going to Swansea this September and was wondering how fast the wireless is in the accommodation? (Ping/download/upload) And how is gaming on PC? I.e. League of Legends all that?

One last thing does anyone know if Xbox one works with the wireless and if so is it stable?
I don't have any images to prove the download/upload speeds but I can assure you as a DOTA2 player that the download speed is good but the upload speed is better! All consoles and devices are fully compatible with the wireless on campus and in the village. They use the service eduroam which can be a pain in the arse as you aren't allowed to use peer to peer downloading which predominately means no torrenting. Everything else is fine.
TheBestUsername
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wick3d)
I don't have any images to prove the download/upload speeds but I can assure you as a DOTA2 player that the download speed is good but the upload speed is better! All consoles and devices are fully compatible with the wireless on campus and in the village. They use the service eduroam which can be a pain in the arse as you aren't allowed to use peer to peer downloading which predominately means no torrenting. Everything else is fine.
Ahhh thank you! I play a lot of LoL! thank you very much!
Wick3d
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheBestUsername)
Ahhh thank you! I play a lot of LoL! thank you very much!
No problem. Enjoy freshers!
Cascoscus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well thx guys, I was wondering about the Wi-fi in swansea as well. I'm a big COD player, and I'll be there in sept. Would be awesome if we party-ed up!
Wick3d
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cascoscus)
Well thx guys, I was wondering about the Wi-fi in swansea as well. I'm a big COD player, and I'll be there in sept. Would be awesome if we party-ed up!
Boo! :mad: All jokes aside, you'll have many nights where you attempt to play a game drunk, for me I always get better when drunk! I haven't a clue why.
Cascoscus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well, I play dota2 on the side as well, and diablo, and starcraft.
TheBestUsername
Rep:
?
I used too play cod until ghosts ruined it for me haha
Wick3d
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hope you mean Diablo 2.
Cascoscus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hope you mean Diablo 2.
Lol, sorry Diablo 3!
Wick3d
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lol, sorry Diablo 3!
Meh, it ain't half bad since the updates. Still, Diablo 2 was the peak of that series.
Cascoscus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Meh, it ain't half bad since the updates. Still, Diablo 2 was the peak of that series.
I totally agree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.82%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (908)
42.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.39%

Watched Threads