Turn on thread page Beta

I'm writing an article on Work Experience..... watch

ReputationRep:
    And I was looking for some views of people's own work experience, you know for quotes.

•Where did you go?

•How long was it for?

•What kind of tasks did you do?

•Did you learn anything valuable from doing it?

•If you could give one piece of advice to someone considering work experience, what would it be?

Would really appreciate it, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Come onnnnn someone on here other than me musta had work experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    And I was looking for some views of people's own work experience, you know for quotes.

•Where did you go?

•How long was it for?

•If you could give one piece of advice to someone considering work experience, what would it be?

i did my compusory work experience in year ten

i went to an accountants which i was unsure about from the start

the work experience lasted two weeks

my main tasks were shreadin paper and adding numbers up

i learnt that i definetly didnt want to become a accountant but the work ecperience did prove good because i was offered a part time job there a couple weeks later. i accepted and worked there "after school" for a couple years. my work included sheading paper and photocopying :rolleyes:

my advice would be to have an open mind. you will definelty learn something from you experience - you may even find a career path with you really enjoy that you had not even considered before

ReputationRep:
    Come onnnnn someone on here other than me musta had work experience
    i learned very little from my work experience :eek: thats my input to this thread :cool:

ReputationRep:

•Where did you go?

Building Supplies company

•How long was it for?

about 4 weeks?

Variety of tasks...from manipulating stock control system to sorting out boring paper work!

yes

emmm :confused: do it! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I had your dream work experience, I worked at Page3.com And I invented the Beer Zoo that used to be on there when at the pub during lunch (I was like 14 at the time) there was what looked like a giraffe on the side of a fosters glass. And voila, beer zoo was born

ReputationRep:
    I had your dream work experience, I worked at Page3.com And I invented the Beer Zoo that used to be on there when at the pub during lunch (I was like 14 at the time) there was what looked like a giraffe on the side of a fosters glass. And voila, beer zoo was born
    :eek: wow, you worked at page3.com, that is amazing...

ReputationRep:
    Wolfy hun, I mean like

When considering work experience, don't limit your standards to something local and small. I tried for local papers who all turned me down and then asked at the largest media based company in the country(and possibly the world) and got a place, not only will it be more exciting but it looks very prestigous on your CV.

Kind of thing

ReputationRep:
    I know beerzoo! why does http://www.page3.com/beerzoo not work now! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    :eek: wow, you worked at page3.com, that is amazing...
    Yep and at the end of the week I got lots of FiredUp.com, Revolver.com (The other two sites I helped at) and Page3.com memorobilia.

I have a t-shirt that says "PAGE3.COM HOME OF THE BRITISH BABE!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    I know beerzoo! why does http://www.page3.com/beerzoo not work now! :confused:
    Yeah it was like...4 years ago

ReputationRep:
    Yep and at the end of the week I got lots of FiredUp.com, Revolver.com (The other two sites I helped at) and Page3.com memorobilia.

I have a t-shirt that says "PAGE3.COM HOME OF THE BRITISH BABE!"
    im speachless... i really am, i dont know what to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    im speachless... i really am, i dont know what to say
    Unfortunatley apart from my Beeb work in the summer, it's the only work experience I have. So I've been mass sending off electronic CV's and trying to post it up online and it's annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunatley apart from my Beeb work in the summer, it's the only work experience I have. So I've been mass sending off electronic CV's and trying to post it up online and it's annoying.
    the avatar is cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    the avatar is cool
    Lol thank you

ReputationRep:
    its way past my bedtime good night

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.