The Student Room Group

I need urgent help in choosing my a levels

I have studied accounts in o levels, but I'm not sure if i should continue studying it in a levels. Would accounting be difficult from me at university level if i want a degree in Accounting, business and finance?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
if you got good grades in your O levels then it shouldn't be a problem. I did Accounting for both my O levels and A levels and I got an A* and A respectively. A levels are slightly tougher yes, but the first year of the A levels is almost like a revision of your O level syllabus! (though a touch more advanced).
When it comes to university level, once again it will not be hard after you have done your A levels so don't look at the uni syllabus now itself as you will be looking at it through an O level student's perspective.

whats really IMPORTANT is whether you like Accounting or not...personally for me, I hated it! I would not do it at uni level again!
Reply 2
I got an A in accounting. I really enjoy accounts. The subjects i have chosen are Maths and economics, however, I'm having a real tough time choosing my third subject. What subject combination do you suggest i choose? Maths, economics and business or maths, economics and accounts?
Reply 3
Original post by Wuzmaa
I got an A in accounting. I really enjoy accounts. The subjects i have chosen are Maths and economics, however, I'm having a real tough time choosing my third subject. What subject combination do you suggest i choose? Maths, economics and business or maths, economics and accounts?

That's great...you enjoy Accounts AND you have an A grade, I'm sure you can manage A-level accounting.
As for your subject combination, neither I nor anyone else can tell you what to choose. That is something you should go out and find out yourself by talking to career advisers and doing some research. But what I can tell you is that, unless you are dead CERTAIN about what your career path is going to be it is best that you choose 3 subjects that are unrelated to each other. That is, choose only one commerce subject (either Econ or BS or Accounts) And I suggest you choose the one that you like the most from the three.
As for the third subject, choose something like Psychology,Sociology,Music,French...whatever! It does NOT have to match or fit in with the others.
Reply 4
That is exactly my issue. I'm not dead certain, but yes, i need professional counselling for my career choice. Thanks a bunch for your help. Much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending