The Student Room Group

Which Engineering course?

Hi everyone,

I've convinced myself to do some further studying and am having problems deciding what course to take...

I've already got an MSc in IT and Data Communications, but would like to move away from programming to something more Engineering based.

I'm considering doing the open university Q65 BEng degree, but the 6 years is putting me off as I've already been through university and not sure if its necessary to start from scratch again. There are other universities that look like they offer distance learning Masters (Bath for instance), but not sure if they are worth it and would be enough to change career direction with.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions/experience/advice?

Thanks!

Andy.
Reply 1
If you're looking to eventually become a chartered engineer then you've got to do an accredited engineering degree of course. If your first degree and Masters don't have enough engineering content to get you on to an engineering Masters - the OU does a MEng, then you're going to have to do a BEng or equivalent and then work your way up. No short cuts!
Reply 2
Original post by Nitebot
If you're looking to eventually become a chartered engineer then you've got to do an accredited engineering degree of course. If your first degree and Masters don't have enough engineering content to get you on to an engineering Masters - the OU does a MEng, then you're going to have to do a BEng or equivalent and then work your way up. No short cuts!

really? I thought you could do either the BEng or MEng?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending