CluelessKatie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I prefer my insurance choice rather than my firm choice. Is there a way of getting a place at my insurance choice even if I manage to get the grades into my firm choice?
S1elyak1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can ask your firm to decline you and then you should be eligible to go to your insurance (although my friend did say she'd been told she would have to go through clearing but I'm not too sure on how true that is)
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The problem is that as soon as you satisfy your firm offer your insurance disappears in a puff of smoke.

You would then have to decline your firm, go into clearing and get a place at your current insurance before they all go.
chelseafan
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Leeds have some courses in clearing with CCD but foundation year. I dont understand that.
DylanJ96
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think you can do anything about it. If you get the grades for your firm then you'll have to go there (unless you want to withdraw altogether) and if not then your insurance if you get the grades for there. I'm not sure if you would be eligible for clearing - you should phone up UCAS and inform them of your situation to see what your options are from people who know what they're talking about.

Which university is your firm and which is your insurance? Just out of curiosity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (119)
14.3%
I'm not sure (36)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (250)
30.05%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.52%
I'm not a current university student (406)
48.8%

Watched Threads