kezzaman13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have no idea how to apply for my NHS bursary. I have contacted Student Finance and my university and i'm just being sent in circles. Someone please help!!
roachesandratsx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kezzaman13)
I have no idea how to apply for my NHS bursary. I have contacted Student Finance and my university and i'm just being sent in circles. Someone please help!!
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/816.aspx
kezzaman13
Rep:
?
I've been through everything online. It says in Northern Ireland I should contact Student Finance NI, and fill out a PN1 form. But student finance say that they dont deal with NHS bursaries at all.
roachesandratsx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been through everything online. It says in Northern Ireland I should contact Student Finance NI, and fill out a PN1 form. But student finance say that they dont deal with NHS bursaries at all.
Oh damn Have you also contacted NHS bursary themselves? They've been really helpful the few times I've called.

Edit: All I could find was this really http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/nhs-and-social-work-students Sorry I'm no help.
kezzaman13
Rep:
?
Yeah they told me to contact Student Finance NI as well
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by roachesandratsx)
Oh damn Have you also contacted NHS bursary themselves? They've been really helpful the few times I've called.

Edit: All I could find was this really http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/nhs-and-social-work-students Sorry I'm no help.
Yeah they told me to contact Student Finance NI as well
Do you have a place at uni?
I've been told by the universities in N.Ireland that we do not contact the nhs bursary people but rather the universities forward on information of the people that will be starting the course. Forms are sent out to you to complete.
Your university should send you information about this once results etc are out and they have an idea of numbers for the course for the NHS bursary.
If you are worried contact your university and they should clear things up for you.
The bursary works very differently in n.i so I wouldn't worry too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
kezzaman13
Rep:
?
(Original post by deviant182)
Do you have a place at uni?
I've been told by the universities in N.Ireland that we do not contact the nhs bursary people but rather the universities forward on information of the people that will be starting the course. Forms are sent out to you to complete.
Your university should send you information about this once results etc are out and they have an idea of numbers for the course for the NHS bursary.
If you are worried contact your university and they should clear things up for you.
The bursary works very differently in n.i so I wouldn't worry too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had an unconditional place at University of Ulster (jtown) since the start of June and have received no forms. I contacted them and they said they had nothing to do with the NHS bursaries.
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've had an unconditional place at University of Ulster (jtown) since the start of June and have received no forms. I contacted them and they said they had nothing to do with the NHS bursaries.
That's odd as people I've spoken to said both universities will send out Info once a-level results were out. Ive had my offer since May and QUB said that they send the info to the bursary department.
And others I've spoke to holding at Ulster have said they were told the same? As the bursary department don't work on the Boss system like they do in England?
Have they said what information they send you out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (105)
66.04%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (21)
13.21%

Watched Threads