The Student Room Group

Urgent help !!

Hi there.
I'm very confused ! I got my AS results on Tuesday and scored a B in chemistry and a C in biology . I'm not very happy about it as I'm planning to go for medicine and would want to get an A in both . So should i repeat AS level this oct/nov but i did not really study this summer or should i repeat it next year may/june when I'm doing my A2 exams??
Original post by inti
Hi there.
I'm very confused ! I got my AS results on Tuesday and scored a B in chemistry and a C in biology . I'm not very happy about it as I'm planning to go for medicine and would want to get an A in both . So should i repeat AS level this oct/nov but i did not really study this summer or should i repeat it next year may/june when I'm doing my A2 exams??

Firstly, just to make sure...it's only CIE (AFAIK) who have exams in November. :smile:

Ultimately, it's up to you! If you feel that you can balance all of your A2 exams and AS exams next summer, then obviously go for that. The advantage of doing that is that it may be the case that after doing your A2 modules, the AS modules may seem easier, possibly giving you a good chance to maximise your UMS on them to score an A. However, it won't be easy either having so many exams then so if you'd rather not have that, then it'd be best to retake in November. Think about what you feel would be best for you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest