The Student Room Group

Where i work is full of snobs

My family wasnt wealthy enough to send me to private school, im not very good at sports and never really was. This didnt stop me making friends at school, uni etc but in my job most people went to private school and are really into sports, which I have no problem with, except theyre complete snobs to me about being different.

It really irratates me because at uni my group of friends were by no means all really similar, but we were able to get along anyway. At my work it feels like the majority of people are so snobbish towards anyone who isnt interested in exactly the same things and from a similar background. They talk to me as if im stupid and always disinclude me from social things out of work.
It just seems unneccessary as ive made a real effort to be nice to everyone and join in, yet because i dont meet this 'standard' of person they have cast me aside.

Has anyone else encountered similar situations and if so, how did you get through it because it gets me down pretty much every day I go to work.
I feel sorry for them. Obviously, they are all bunch of judging jerks. Take your current job as a teaching lesson and those people as your teachers. They are in your life to teach you that being "different" is ok and even when some people are not able to understand it, you are not going to change just to fit somewhere. And I dont find anything "different" in you, what I see is just some people who are not
able to think like a human beings.

If you new in your job, that may be the reason why they behave like this, but I think then it will get better by a time ... it's like when a new student come to high school or anything. Time heals everything and eventually, you will find someone who likes you because of your personality not your background or any other think.
And if it will continue ... try to focus on your job and not the people around you. Just do what you have to do and then just leave and go out with a people they like you for who you are :smile:

I wish you best of luck and I hope it helps a bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending