University Of Leicester Any Good? Watch

inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
From prior planning, I have decided to study chemistry at Leicester. Would this be worthwhile for a degree, specifically a masters in chemistry? If not, may you provide some suggestions for studying organic chemistry at university?
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know a couple of chemistry students I know have enjoyed doing their degree at Leicester.

I don't understand what you mean by would it be worthwhile for a degree in chemistry? Do you mean to do it at the University of Leicester itself?
inachigeek21
Rep:
?
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
I know a couple of chemistry students I know have enjoyed doing their degree at Leicester.

I don't understand what you mean by would it be worthwhile for a degree in chemistry? Do you mean to do it at the University of Leicester itself?
Yes, that is what I had precisely meant by it being a worthwhile for a degree in chemistry. Do you know the requirements to be offered a place in Leicester, GCSE & A-Level.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by inachigeek21)
Yes, that is what I had precisely meant by it being a worthwhile for a degree in chemistry. Do you know the requirements to be offered a place in Leicester, GCSE & A-Level.
I don't but you can very very easily find that out via the department website.

As for it being worthwhile to get a degree in chemistry from Leicester I don't see why it wouldn't be to be honest. Especially as you haven't stated what you want to do with your degree. Without that information noone will be able to help you probably. If you want to do specifically after you've graduated research that and most will probably not target xyz universities but will be much more concerned about your degree classification.
WishfulDesire
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My Chemistry teacher went to Leicester and recommends it. He says it's absolutely great for Chemistry.

Leicester want ABB for Chemistry (all courses) and an A at GCSE Maths if you didn't take Maths at Sixth Form.

What masters course are you looking at?
inachigeek21
Rep:
?
(Original post by WishfulDesire)
My Chemistry teacher went to Leicester and recommends it. He says it's absolutely great for Chemistry.

Leicester want ABB for Chemistry (all courses) and an A at GCSE Maths if you didn't take Maths at Sixth Form.

What masters course are you looking at?
Organic chemistry. Is this what you had meant? Hang on a second, what if you get below an A in your GCSE but you receive a pass, such as a C? But you, however, take chemistry for sixth form and you get an A? Would this be permissible or not? Thank you. Btw, I'm starting GCSE mocks next year; just prior planning.
WishfulDesire
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Organic chemistry. Is this what you had meant? Hang on a second, what if you get below an A in your GCSE but you receive a pass, such as a C? But you, however, take chemistry for sixth form and you get an A? Would this be permissible or not? Thank you. Btw, I'm starting GCSE mocks next year; just prior planning.
No, they do a general Chemistry course with no specific 'Organic Chemistry' degrees.

If you don't plan to take Maths as an AS Level you need to get an A at GCSE in Maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days - #LaunchYourself at Leicester Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.61%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.31%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.37%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (119)
40.48%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.44%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.8%