The Student Room Group

Retaking A Levels

Would it be worth retaking my A Levels whilst I am at uni or at a later date? I got an E, D and Pass. Both my Firm and Insurance unis have accepted me but I was just wondering if I should still consider retaking certain modules.
Reply 1
If you've been accepted into university, there isn't a huge amount of point in re-taking in my opinion. Focus on your course.
Original post by angliastudent
Would it be worth retaking my A Levels whilst I am at uni or at a later date? I got an E, D and Pass. Both my Firm and Insurance unis have accepted me but I was just wondering if I should still consider retaking certain modules.

I wouldn't bother. You will have enough to do at university.
Reply 3
Original post by Farseer
If you've been accepted into university, there isn't a huge amount of point in re-taking in my opinion. Focus on your course.
I agree.
Original post by angliastudent
Retaking modules when you don't need to is a pointless distraction from your uni work.
Thanks for your help :smile:
I got ABBD for As, A in English literature, B's in chemistry and biology and a D in maths, and I really want to get into medicine. I was thinking of retaking the BB next year and do psychology. Then if I get AAA, with atleast two of them being 90% A's, along with my A in English literature from the previous year, do you think this is enough to get into medicine? I know only 3 universities accept retake students. Also, my teacher told me that no sixth form allows you to retake B's, is this true?
Reply 6
Original post by Sarahpwincess197
I got ABBD for As, A in English literature, B's in chemistry and biology and a D in maths, and I really want to get into medicine. I was thinking of retaking the BB next year and do psychology. Then if I get AAA, with atleast two of them being 90% A's, along with my A in English literature from the previous year, do you think this is enough to get into medicine? I know only 3 universities accept retake students. Also, my teacher told me that no sixth form allows you to retake B's, is this true?
if your school won't let you retake, that's all you really need to know. It's unlikely another school would take you on.

I think what you propose would only work, even if you achieved the grades you hope for, if you had some really strong work experience to go with them. I'm moving this to the Medicine forum, where you'll find much more advice on this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarahpwincess197
Also, my teacher told me that no sixth form allows you to retake B's, is this true?

No, this is not true

But that does not help you if your school is saying no

You need to make an appointment with your Head of Sixth - it is likely that they will be available next week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending