The Student Room Group

Should I bother applying to Uni this year?

Hey, just got my AS results and they're CDEE (Bio,History,Chemistry and Maths.) I know these grades are awful, I really wanted to study history at Leeds/Manchester Uni. I understand my predicted grades at best probably won't be good enough for the AAB entry requirements.

But I think I can do a lot better as I was extremely lazy/complacent this year, I'd like to retake 5 modules (including the whole of chemistry). D'you reckon it's worth applying to Uni's just in case? I know i'll probably have to take a gap year but i'd much rather jump straight in, is there anyhope for me going to Uni realistically Autumn 2015 or no?

I think (or hope) that i'll come out with good grades next year as i'll retake and generally put more effort in but yeah.. opinions?
Just work harder next year and go through adjustment if they don't accept you. Lots of good universities reserve places for people getting better grades than expected.
If you know you're fine with potentially taking a gap year there's no downside in applying this year and seeing what comes up.Its not a case of should or shouldn't. Its just whether or not you want to try and see now, or only go for it once you've improved your grades.

Quick Reply

Latest