The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine AS resits

Hi, i've just received my AS results I sat few months ago. My Biology and Chemistry came out pretty well, both As, but my Maths and Further Maths were horrific. I scored
C1 - A
C2 - A
C3 - B
M1 - B
S1 - C
FP1 - D
D1 - U
and I'm extremely shocked because I've always scored straight As with very few Bs in all maths modules for the entire year.

I'm hoping to apply for Vet Med in the UK but I'm not sure whether I'll get the offer. I'm thinking of resitting S1 FP1 and D1 next year with my other A2 exams and I'm very confident that I can score at least an A. I'm also writing my EPQ essay. Also I've done work experience and everything.
I've heard the RVC accepts a few resits but I'm not sure i'f they'll give me a chance with these grades.

Do you think it'll be ok if I resit and get better results or would it be more realistic to consider alternatives?
Original post by chololatee
Hi, i've just received my AS results I sat few months ago. My Biology and Chemistry came out pretty well, both As, but my Maths and Further Maths were horrific. I scored
C1 - A
C2 - A
C3 - B
M1 - B
S1 - C
FP1 - D
D1 - U
and I'm extremely shocked because I've always scored straight As with very few Bs in all maths modules for the entire year.

I'm hoping to apply for Vet Med in the UK but I'm not sure whether I'll get the offer. I'm thinking of resitting S1 FP1 and D1 next year with my other A2 exams and I'm very confident that I can score at least an A. I'm also writing my EPQ essay. Also I've done work experience and everything.
I've heard the RVC accepts a few resits but I'm not sure i'f they'll give me a chance with these grades.

Do you think it'll be ok if I resit and get better results or would it be more realistic to consider alternatives?

Have you identified why you did so poorly in those specific modules? Have you spoken to your teacher to try to identify what has held you back?

If you are confident that you can resit a few modules next year and get an A then I would go for it - unis don't mind resits within the 2 years of normal study but be sure teachers predict you the minimum grades when you apply to uni.

Another thing I'd consider is only doing 3 A2s next year to give you more time to concentrate on getting As in those if you think more time would help you achieve better grades (I think some unis require a 4th AS level at b grade though - check this).

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending