• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    I hear Aberdeen is lovely

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn😂😂 in that case hope I get the grades Glasgow wants lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    I'm in the same boat right now. Might miss one grade by a mark or two and hoping Glasgow will still take me for Mechanical Engineering. If not then I gotta move to Aberdeen.
    Fingers crossed then! I hope that you would get in! And if not, well, see you in Aberdeen xd
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Damn😂😂 in that case hope I get the grades Glasgow wants lol
    Honestly, who knows really. Fingers crossed for Results Day
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijira)
    Fingers crossed then! I hope that you would get in! And if not, well, see you in Aberdeen xd

Honestly, who knows really. Fingers crossed for Results Day
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    What are people's experiences with Warwick, relating to Maths & Physics and related courses? Maths is always over-subscribed, but Maths & Physics is a different story; it's already in clearing just like last year. I'm likely to miss the offer by maybe 3 grades, which is quite damning, yet my circumstances are unusual.

My offer for it is A*AA, and they ask for AAA in clearing. I think I'm gonna have A/A* Maths, ~B Physics, C/B Further Maths, A/A* EPQ (Relating to complex dynamics), and D/E Additional Further Maths. (And A in AS Comp Sci, as part of AABB last year.) EPQ and AFM don't count.

There's a very good reason I didn't get A*AA: doing five subjects takes too much time for a non-genius, despite how much I worked. I'm more than capable of doing the degree, and getting A*AA across Maths, Physics and Comp Sci would have been trivial, but I don't like being bored, so I increased my workload from 4-5, instead of going from 4-3. As a result I've studied more relevant material, but overstretched myself - paired with being ill over exams, that was a recipe for disaster.

Will Warwick consider a missed application like mine holistically? Should I contact them? Before results day? After?

If Warwick don't budge I believe my insurance will accept me, and other than that, there's plenty of other maths/theoretical physics courses floating about that I can get into, but I really like Warwick and the modular course structure - I don't want to go anywhere else. It seems ridiculous they'd give my place to someone who has no idea how to formulate a damped harmonic oscillator being forced to oscillate at a frequency other than its natural frequency, just because they have an A grade in Economics or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miminfl)
    I might get ABC this year and my offer is AAB pharmacy at uni of Birmingham ! The course is at clearing right now , does anyone know if ABC is acceptable with clearing ? Or has anyone got in with this grades. I firmed birmingham
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    It's in clearing for the same grades as your offer, although universities can drop a grade i wouldn't be overly hopeful they'd drop it so much, sorry.
    My brother got ABC, was rejected by York & Exeter (firm and insurance) and couldn't get a place at any Russell Group unis through clearing, ABB was their absolute minimum. He went to Aberystwyth, loved it there, got a Law degree and is now an RAF Officer. Things have a habit of working out. Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how lenient UWE is? i cant find anything about them on this thread! thanks in advance
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliceronson)
    anyone know how lenient UWE is? i cant find anything about them on this thread! thanks in advance
    Lol uwe is sooooo lenient it's ridiculous. It's really easy to get into through clearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    Lol uwe is sooooo lenient it's ridiculous. It's really easy to get into through clearing
    how do you know? i've applied for mental health nursing so not sure if they will be a bit more strict

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if QMU is lenient if you miss a grade
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Radiographer)
    Does anyone know if QMU is lenient if you miss a grade
    Search the thread for QMUL ...

(Keeping in mind past outcomes aren't necessarily a guide to your specific situation.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    someone please go onto my page and answer the question I have. need advice asap

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished 1st year Law.
    I got into a Russel Group university which asked for 'AAA'. I got 'ABBC' (the C was in English lmao and A in Fine Art) and was still accepted, so don't lose hope guys. Goes to show that there is more to life than just grades, ALSO what you put in your Personal Statement is as important.
    I've seen people who got much lower and the University still accepted them, either on results day or through clearing!
    Stay Woke x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avila.C)
    I've just finished 1st year Law.
    I got into a Russel Group university which asked for 'AAA'. I got 'ABBC' (the C was in English lmao and A in Fine Art) and was still accepted, so don't lose hope guys. Goes to show that there is more to life than just grades, ALSO what you put in your Personal Statement is as important.
    I've seen people who got much lower and the University still accepted them, either on results day or through clearing!
    Stay Woke x
    Which university is this?

ReputationRep:
    All these success stories are making me feel a little better now

I am nervous for Results Day. I don't know if anyone has had any leniency for medicine degrees and specifically uni of Birmingham or UEA? My offer is AAA. If I get grades A*AB (B in biology, but sag close to the threshold) is there any chance at all I might still be considered? Probably not as this is medicine we are talking about, but with the reforms to the A-Levels you never know how many actually will meet their offer...

Many thanks and good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know about Lancaster's leniency towards accepting students ? Has anybody had an experience whereby they missed grades but were still accepted ?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will_Brooks16)
    Does anybody know about Lancaster's leniency towards accepting students ? Has anybody had an experience whereby they missed grades but were still accepted ?
    You can search this thread and see

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can search this thread and see

Posted from TSR Mobile
    is there a quick way to keyword search a thread? if so, how?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.