The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've got offer of BBB in Kent (LAW LLB) and I genuinely believed I flunked my economics to probably a C grade, but I reckon I smashed my law exams.

My best case scenario right now would be ABC so would it be likely Kent would still accept me?
My worst case scenario is BBC/BCC. (Insurance is also Kent, Law cert offer BBC).

I've been ridiculously shaken up ever since my economics exams and I'm genuinely hoping I can get in. I've worked ridiculously hard on top of circumstances beyond my control which the uni is already aware of too.
Original post by aosn
Which university is this?

University of Southampton
Original post by Muttski
I've got offer of BBB in Kent (LAW LLB) and I genuinely believed I flunked my economics to probably a C grade, but I reckon I smashed my law exams.

My best case scenario right now would be ABC so would it be likely Kent would still accept me?
My worst case scenario is BBC/BCC. (Insurance is also Kent, Law cert offer BBC).

I've been ridiculously shaken up ever since my economics exams and I'm genuinely hoping I can get in. I've worked ridiculously hard on top of circumstances beyond my control which the uni is already aware of too.

No-one can say for sure, but many universities allow a 1 grade miss for many of their courses.
Original post by Abitat Eco
All these success stories are making me feel a little better now :smile:

I am nervous for Results Day. I don't know if anyone has had any leniency for medicine degrees and specifically uni of Birmingham or UEA? My offer is AAA. If I get grades A*AB (B in biology, but sag close to the threshold) is there any chance at all I might still be considered? Probably not as this is medicine we are talking about, but with the reforms to the A-Levels you never know how many actually will meet their offer...

Many thanks and good luck everyone :biggrin:

I've put down those 2 unis too :biggrin: good luck with your results!
Original post by HevM97
Hi, I missed my offer for Nottingham by 1 mark last year, I know it's a different uni but under these circumstances I opened my results before checking Track and when I logged in it said unconditional firm so it comes up accepting you just like if you met the conditions.

For which course?
Original post by AnharM
Was he applying for Physics? Maybe that's why it was important for him to achieve the A* for Physics? Or a course that requires you to get an A* for Physics? Or maybe there just wasn't any seats left?

I'm not trolling at all.

I guess it's rare in both universities, but from what I've seen and heard, Imperial are more lenient. I still haven't met a person who got accepted into UCL after missing their offer.

I did read once on TSR that UCL consider international students more than UK students, who have both missed their offers, because it's more beneficial for UCL (possibly financially or something else)

UCL charge about £10,000 more for int. students so yes on the finance part.
Are unis which have ucas points as their entry requirements more leinant if a student were a few ucas points below the entry grades ?
Original post by hutch991
How lenient are Universities if your offer was already lowered (such as through a summer school programme, etc)? I'm guessing they'll be super strict.

Quite strict tbh. Exeter (my insurance) lowered my offer from AAB to ABB because my school is ****. I got BBB and they rejected me. Though my firm (manchester) wanting AAB accepted me lol
(edited 6 years ago)
How lenient are Warwick with their business school subjects? I need AAA for a&f but I feel like I've got AAB- do you think they'll let me in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know how lenient Newcastle are for English?
Got ABC at A levels, wanna study law at uni and looking for unis in clearing, any chance that York, Kent, Sussex, Southampton, Lancaster, Exeter and Sheffield would accept me with these grades? Or any other good unis for that matter? It's a lot of unis but gotta keep my options open right?
Original post by ImagineCats
Girl saaaaame with Liverpool but I'm doing languages. I've heard they're pretty lenient though, like ABB offers but people getting in with BBC or even a D grade in there

depends on the subject.. they're strict for law and business last year ABC was the minimum they allowed
Anyone got any stories about southampton (perticually physics)? I know a guy we does physics at southampton, offer was AAA he got BBB and still got in.
Original post by bernadette__99
Anyone know how lenient Newcastle are for English?

I know their course for english is already in clearing, so on the bright side the course isn't full, which may suggest more leniency in lowering grades...
Original post by Zakriah
SOAS wanted AAB-ABB but i got BCC for History and still got in! Personal statements, i believe had a huge factor.

Hey!
I know this was last year but congradulations!
I was wondering if they required an interview before giving you an offer? As i'm applying through clearing but not in the country atm so worried it would lower my chances.
Thanks!
Original post by pleasechoose
I've put down those 2 unis too :biggrin: good luck with your results!

Thank you very much! Best of luck to you too! I'm soooo nervous I can't stop thinking about it XD XD
Original post by Hadiraf
Hi.... Got my results already..... A*DD .....can't explain that....UEL and Westminster are my firm and insurance choices.... Do you think I'd get a place at any of these unis.....btw.... I applied for law with international relations and law in each case

how do people have their results already??
Does anyone have any experience with getting into veterinary medicine at university of Bristol by missing their offer of AAA?
Does anyone have any experience with missed grades for Engineering at Loughborough University?
Does anyone know how lenient leicester are from med? Feeling a bit nervous because of biology :/

Latest

Trending

Trending