Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

"I missed my grades, but I got in to uni!!!" success stories Watch

ReputationRep:
    At AS I got BCC and Loughborough offered me ABB to do Politics, I couldnt believe it. I then got ABD on results day and they let me in.

ReputationRep:
    Missed mine by one mark and didn't get in.

lucky people.

ReputationRep:
    On the way to becoming another cretin (MP)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know someone whose offer was BBB and they got in with BDE :O
    I was off my firm by two grades and they still wanted me for a foundation year, but I chose to go to my insurance, which accepted me even though I was one grade off. whoop

ReputationRep:
    My offer was ABB had BCC and got in... i was SO angry at my grades because i worked so freaking hard! :/
    SO happy that my first choice Uni accepted me though, would like to think that they saw something that showed that i am hard working and a determined student!

It's true what they say, exams CAN go wrong even if you do try really hard... that was evident for me Thursday!

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted into the University of York with BBC Originally needed ABB to do Sociology but they let me in! Still can't really believe it! Although i've now decided to take a year out to work

ReputationRep:
    So many people I know missed their offers by a massive margin and are still going, lucky people. Makes me almost wish I hadn't got so stressed over it and worked so hard

ReputationRep:
    Just want to say congrats on getting in! WOOP!

ReputationRep:
    Got into York university (insurance) with one grade lower than the offer.

Needed AAB got ABB.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who was offered AAB from Cardiff which was her firm choice and she got BBB and still got in. My other friend got ABB and needed AAB for Newcastle as her firm and she also still got in

ReputationRep:
    I needed 300 points and got 270 but still got in!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Similar thing happened to me. Except, now I feel quite inferior when I hear a large number on the forums getting in to my uni with string of A*... Like, am I worthy ?!

ReputationRep:
    lol, I missed my firm offer by 80 points. (I really messed up my exams) but I still got in

ReputationRep:
    Manchester University offered me AAB for German and Spanish after my interview, I got BBC and still got in...
    properly disappointed in my results as the offer was my predicted grades but, never mind things don't always turn out perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    I needed AAB, got in with A* AD (damn you chemistry!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    i needed AAAA i got ACCD and still got in. milk processing course here i come!

ReputationRep:
    Same as me... I needed AAB and got ABC but still got into my insurance . Thank God for those vacancies.

I think it helped that I got my A & B in Maths & Further Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smd4std)
    i needed AAAA i got ACCD and still got in. milk processing course here i come!
    Lol... sarcasm much?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend was offered BBB, he got CDE and still got into his Uni. I got ABB, when I was offered AAB and also got in.:confused:

Maybe it was a bad year for A-levels on both of our two courses...

ReputationRep:
    Some of you are lucky, I was down by 80 points and didn't get in

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 24, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.