The Student Room Group

I failed my AS results what do I doooo

So I got ABE and don't even want to go to uni anymore because none of them will offer me a place and I feel so dreadful and so much of a failure I don't know how to handle myself after having spent an hour crying

I've done my personal statement and everything. I had my heart set on certain uni's. I just don't understand how ONE 'qualification', completely useless in my field, can dictate something like my not going to university anymore.

This will probably resort to a gap year. Or no university at all. What are my options because there must be SOMETHING more in AS? I'm getting remarks and probable resists on the E.

I don't really know what I'm enquiring about I don't know I'm just so scared and need options I don't know what to do with the failure of myself helppppp
Original post by anon24601
So I got ABE and don't even want to go to uni anymore because none of them will offer me a place and I feel so dreadful and so much of a failure I don't know how to handle myself after having spent an hour crying

I've done my personal statement and everything. I had my heart set on certain uni's. I just don't understand how ONE 'qualification', completely useless in my field, can dictate something like my not going to university anymore.

This will probably resort to a gap year. Or no university at all. What are my options because there must be SOMETHING more in AS? I'm getting remarks and probable resists on the E.

I don't really know what I'm enquiring about I don't know I'm just so scared and need options I don't know what to do with the failure of myself helppppp
You don't really have a question I can answer, except to say that things are rarely as bad as they seem. A year out and a resit would be a sensible way of getting your head together. However, I am sure there will be places in clearing. You will need to free yourself of the feeling that there is only one possible place for you, because that just isn't the case. A gap year may be the best way to do that.
You're not a failure! You just got a different letter from a single exam than you wanted. I know it might feel like it, but it's really not the end of the world :smile:

You're doing the right things - have a chat with your teachers about where things might have gone wrong and how you can fix them for this year with resits etc. Make a plan for how you can get the grades you want!

There are still lots of options for you - unis will look at your predicted grades as well as what you achieved at AS, so if your teachers believe in you then you can apply with good predicted grades. Give it a go and see how it turns out - you can always take a gap year or pursue other options later, but give this a shot. One bad exam doesn't mean you can't do this! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest