Priority Waiting List Watch

angotango49
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I applied for accommodation on March 19th 2014 and i had an unconditional offer given to me in February 2014 however i am on a waiting list for accommodation.

I thought the earlier you applied and the fact i have had an unconditional all year would guarantee me a place, what are the chances of me getting a place, i'm in desperate need of one as i live with my nan who is moving into residential care in September so that would leave me without a home.
Kiecroft
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I am in the exact same boat, and I did not want to wait for the waiting list to become available, as I am not guaranteed a place. I have been into ormskirk and got private accommodation, if I were you, I'd get on the phone now and see what is available, or go to the accommodation fair this Saturday, at edge hill, as all the private landlords will be there to get students.
CharlotteLouise95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it all depends on distance away from the university! if it gets over-subscribed they then start basing it away from distance away from the university. So if you live fairly close by that might be why you haven't gotten anything, even if you did apply very early on!

Its a really annoying thing to do!
Beckyy18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I think it's to do with distance but I'm sure you'll get a place, it says we have to return this form within two weeks or our room will be offered to someone else. Plus there'll no doubt be plenty of people that want to defer and take a gap year so just try and stay optimistic
kirsttttttt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am on the waiting list, probably because I live close, but I'm just so worried I won't get a place because it will make uni really hard for me because I will want to be on campus at most times, hence wanting to live in!!

I spoke on the phone to the accommodation team and a man told me that every year they are actually able to offer students a place to live who are on the campus, and that "it's not going to change this year" which was pretty reassuring.

I hope everyone else gets a place, including me haha!!
angotango49
Rep:
?
this feels scary because it's like saddening to think maybe I won't get a room and all this time I've been looking forward to it! It goes by distance but where I live I have to travel back on myself and takes me 2 trains and over 1 hour and a half travelling to get there, I can't be doing that every day, I'm really hoping they can provide me somewhere
JayTee95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in the same position as yourself and I'm really panicking because I feel terribly underprepared for this and I have been looking at private accomodation near the uni but none of my friends are going to Edge Hill so I don't know anyone who'd share a house basically. I'll be going to the "accomodation fair" or whatever it's called either Monday or Tuesday and talk to the uni and other people about it but I'm really anxious about it all :\
Amurphy17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm on the waiting list too, I called up edge hill to ask what the chances of getting into accomodation on campus and they said that they have usually been able to place everybody on the priority list into accomodation by the end of September so hopefully it will be fine
jellyfisha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I only found just found out about this accommodation meet and greet thing today, could anyone tell me what I missed?
abitait
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm on a waiting list too however I'm from Scotland...
angotango49
Rep:
?
i got an offer this morning! it was my first choice as well, i'd say to anyone don't sign anything just yet cos you may be given an offer
AnthonyB93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey everyone I'm in the same boat as well I was given my place on the course Games Programming but was unsuccessful with accommodation and been put on the priority waiting list I hope I get a place on the campus not bothered about which place I get just hope I get my first choice but if i don't have any luck in accommodation I can't see my self getting to Edge Hill with a 2 hour journey.

Good luck to you all and I hope we all get a place
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Aug '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19