RAV 123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I got 5A*, 2A and 3B at GCSE.

At AS i have AABB (Math, Eco, Bio, Hist) with the two A's having 100% and one B being 2 UMS off. I will have predictions of A*A*AB. Do I have a reasonable chance for LSE A&F?
oatsandraisins
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes!!

Although there will be some people applying who admittedly do have higher AS grades you still have a good chance if you write a very good personal statement.

In my AS last year I got an A(Maths), A(Economics), B(History-i was 3 ums off an A), and B's in my 2 further maths modules. I was predicted A*A*AB and got an offer for Bsc Economics.

LSE often ask for your ums when you apply which would strengthen your application if you have 100 UMS in some units. However, you should definitely focus on your personal statement- include further reading (and how you've used it/what you've learnt from it -specifics), related extra curriculars and work experience(eg. accounting), essay competitions(they're really good as they show dedication and willingness to expand your knowledge outside the classroom), career plans, achievments etc.

I'm sure you already know about this personal statment stuff, but the personal statement is REALLY important with LSE as they don't do interviews. Many people predicted 4 or 5 A* don't get offers due to their personal statement wheras people with slightly lower predictions do get offers.

You definitely still have a good chance and 100 UMS in 2 AS subjects is really impressive. Good luck and I hope you get an offer
RAV 123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by oatsandraisins)
Yes!!

Although there will be some people applying who admittedly do have higher AS grades you still have a good chance if you write a very good personal statement.

In my AS last year I got an A(Maths), A(Economics), B(History-i was 3 ums off an A), and B's in my 2 further maths modules. I was predicted A*A*AB and got an offer for Bsc Economics.

LSE often ask for your ums when you apply which would strengthen your application if you have 100 UMS in some units. However, you should definitely focus on your personal statement- include further reading (and how you've used it/what you've learnt from it -specifics), related extra curriculars and work experience(eg. accounting), essay competitions(they're really good as they show dedication and willingness to expand your knowledge outside the classroom), career plans, achievments etc.

I'm sure you already know about this personal statment stuff, but the personal statement is REALLY important with LSE as they don't do interviews. Many people predicted 4 or 5 A* don't get offers due to their personal statement wheras people with slightly lower predictions do get offers.

You definitely still have a good chance and 100 UMS in 2 AS subjects is really impressive. Good luck and I hope you get an offer
Thanks for this reply so much. I have started reading some books and have attended several LSE open lectures in the subject. Hopefully, with a bit of luck, I can get an offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (176)
58.67%
I don't have everything I need (124)
41.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed