23rd
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
Lewis-HuStuJCR
No they aren;t ... this isnt oxbridge!!

since i have en suite i dont mind either way, but the notts accomm form lets you choose so some flats must be single sex!!
No, none of spc is single sex. ignore the accom forms
Reply 43
ok cool. called them earlier to try and found out who will be in my room but all they knew was one girl so far....
Reply 44
definitely glad I got in:smile:
Reply 45
Having Girls in the flat will make cooking so much easier. No offence!! LOL, us guys are poor cooks:biggrin:
i don't think they do non-ensuite at spc, everybody that i knew last year had an ensuite. And Gurjsta, its very unlikely that the girls will cook for you, most of them survive on instant noodles and soup. Out of the people i knew at spc, the best cooks were all guys!
Reply 47
Block T?! how many blocks are there?!
Reply 48
Quite a few I think! does anyone know how many floors there are? and any idea what floor room Block B 8E would be?!
old block (flats 1-50ish) is 4 floors, new block (all the others) is higher, like 6 0r 7. Think flat 8 would be top floor, furthest room along inside the flat. 'Block T' etc is kinda misleading, its just the different entrances to access each set of flats, so its the same buildings, just different doors.
The thing that really matters is if you're in the old block or the new block. You wanna be in the old block, its beats the new block hands down, plus you get the grassy knoll!
danny its all about the grassy knoll old block def beats new block hands down xx:p:
Hellz yeah nic, i spent my first and last nights at spc drunk off my arse on there, i think me and the grassy knoll bonded pretty well!
Reply 52
freshestkid
Hellz yeah nic, i spent my first and last nights at spc drunk off my arse on there, i think me and the grassy knoll bonded pretty well!

which one 'blocks' are the new and old blocks?
I can't really remember, in the old side a 'block' is 8 flats i think, so i think that goes from A-H, in the new block i guess it's a bit more. I never paid attention to what 'Block' (ie what letterered block) people were in, just whether they were old or new side
Reply 54
Just to clear things up for the new freshers on here about the welcome weekend.

Saturday 23rd Sept. (evening) - there is going to be a bus taking people from SPC to the Waterfront in town..with a possible stop and BZR. We are trying to arrange some drink deals so we make the night nice and cheap!! This is just going to be a social drink in some bars helping people to get to know each other with a few games thrown in for fun. The bus will bring you back to SPC... If you want a little more im sure some of us are going to find a club in town that night and we will get a few taxis back.

Sunday 24th Sept. (12-4:30pm) - There is going to be a bbq, bouncy castle or similar and a DJ. We will be providing drinks. At 5pm you will be taken to main campus by bus again for the freshers address. We will then take you to the main SU bar on campus.

Monday - Week one events start.

Note: During Sat/Sun from about 10-4pm each day the JCR, Karni and Week Reps will be helping freshers move in.
Reply 55
chud
Just to clear things up for the new freshers on here about the welcome weekend.

Saturday 23rd Sept. (evening) - there is going to be a bus taking people from SPC to the Waterfront in town..with a possible stop and BZR. We are trying to arrange some drink deals so we make the night nice and cheap!! This is just going to be a social drink in some bars helping people to get to know each other with a few games thrown in for fun. The bus will bring you back to SPC... If you want a little more im sure some of us are going to find a club in town that night and we will get a few taxis back.

Sunday 24th Sept. (12-4:30pm) - There is going to be a bbq, bouncy castle or similar and a DJ. We will be providing drinks. At 5pm you will be taken to main campus by bus again for the freshers address. We will then take you to the main SU bar on campus.

Monday - Week one events start.

Note: During Sat/Sun from about 10-4pm each day the JCR, Karni and Week Reps will be helping freshers move in.

sounds great thanks for all that info :biggrin:
Reply 56
Sounds Convincing, Cheers Chud!!!!!
Reply 57
soundz fun!
by helping freshers move in, does that mean carrying luggage and stuff?
sorry to dissappoint but no we are not gonna move all yhour luggage we are the welcome wagon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending